“great place”

Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I spent a weekend in Marshall with my husband. It was nice that we could go to such a great restaurant. I love it! the food is great and the staff is friendly, I will definitively come back.

There are newer reviews for Schuler's Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place has been here for a long time. It is obvious they try and keep it old style. The food is great. The waitresses wear uniforms and have been trained in a style that is hard to find. The food does not arrive quickly. They give you time to enjoy drinks, appetizers and then the main course. Of course their pricing will reflex this type of service. They are a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it. The soup and salad is extra. Great place over all. Next time we are in the area we will go again. This is a place you should try.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

OK, it's absolutely a legend. How many restaurants actually survive and thrive for over 100 years? Food is very good, staff is also, but it's not inexpensive. Kind of geared toward the senior set, but the attached Winston's Pub serves a broader age range. Good pub burgers there.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I always enjoy dining in historic places like this when I travel. Shuler's was a great find. Easy to get to right down town with ample parking across the street. I dined with a large group of coworkers, so I got to see a lot of different dishes. I myself went with the Winston Burger with homemade chips. Excellent burger cooked to my request. Many of us went with a seafood chowder for an appetizer and it was delicious and just the right size. Another nice treat is the homemade crackers and bread that is served with their house cheese spread. It is very good and highly recommended. The only downside thing is service was a bit slow, but expected with a group our size. Very enjoyable place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Expectations are often driven by price. That said, Schuler's could be better. The food was excellent but the service was slow. The waiter would disappear and not return. Some of the menu items were not available, but I guess that happens more when the food is fresh. The atmosphere was nice and I do plan to go back but they just need to refine their service to match the prices. I would have given them a better rating at a lower price.