“Excellent Food and Service”

Schuler's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first time eating here and I will definitely stop here again on my way through Marshall. I had the prime rib and it was done perfectly and practically melted in my mouth. The seafood chowder was some of the best I've had, and it even had a tiny bit of a bite to it, but not too much. Our waitress was excellent, she was attentive, friendly and as I watched other servers working they all seemed very friendly and hard working. The hostess was very friendly too. I do wish we could of purchased some of the cheese that they give you as a starter at the table. I remember as a kid always getting a crock of this cheese at Christmas time. I wonder if they still sell it somewhere? They did sell some baked good in the lobby, but not the cheese. Overall this was a great experience and I look forward to eating here again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We enjoyed going to Schulers both for dinner, and later for a drink in the bar. The interior of the dining room, decorated in dark wood with murals and fun to read quotes is well worth a visit. I rated it average, because I didn't think the food was "outstanding" for the prices charged. The food is good, the staff is friendly and attentive. They were busy, so many folks enjoy eating here. We only ate here the one time, so perhaps another visit would yield a different result. What was outstanding were the peanut butter cookies I bought out front by the cashier. Would stop again and give it another try.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I was at MSU, I always enjoyed Schuler's for special ocassions with my folks. Now, as I travel through the our beautiful state, I always make it a point to visit this great restaurant. The warm welcome and the superb food make it a real treat. I am always amazed about the diversity of the menu. My wife is a vegeterian and she finds many choices and I either go for their fresh fish or their famous prime rib or beef. Sometimes we also enjoy going into their pub for a great Michigan draft or one of Glady's burgers.
I call this place the crossroads of the Big Ten.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Amazing Quality. You get a fantastic Meal and great service.And a prime Rib to die for if you are any where near Marshall it is the one place to stop

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I dined here on our way home from Ohio. Schuler's is located in the cute little town of Marshall wilt lots of shops and beautiful Christmas decorations. I had the holiday sampler platter as my main course and there is no way you can eat it all!! It included crab cakes, lobster tail, shrimp, a big bowel of meat balls and some spicy wantons. Teresa shared a bite of her prime rib which was cooked to her request at medium well. The flavor was astounding!! They always bring bread and bar cheese and we each took enough food for another meal home!! You have to try this place! They used to have one in Grand Haven but this is their only location now.