“Worth the trip...best in Michigan” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schuler's Restaurant & Pub

Schuler's Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over 100 years, Schuler's Restaurant & Pub has kept it in the family - and beaten the odds. How rare is this achievement? According to Family Business Review more than 30 percent of all family-owned businesses survive into the second generation. Twelve percent will still be viable into the third generation, with three percent of all family businesses operating at the fourth-generation level and beyond. Schuler's, a four-generation, family-owned restaurant in Marshall, Michigan is an institution. Schuler's attributes its longevity to the foresight of our founder and the succeeding family members who have used their entrepreneurial skills to build a 100-year tradition of hospitality and fine dining.
Homer, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip...best in Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I was at MSU, I always enjoyed Schuler's for special ocassions with my folks. Now, as I travel through the our beautiful state, I always make it a point to visit this great restaurant. The warm welcome and the superb food make it a real treat. I am always amazed about the diversity of the menu. My wife is a vegeterian and she finds many choices and I either go for their fresh fish or their famous prime rib or beef. Sometimes we also enjoy going into their pub for a great Michigan draft or one of Glady's burgers.
I call this place the crossroads of the Big Ten.

Marshall, Michigan, United States
“My favorite resturant in Marshall and in the state of Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Amazing Quality. You get a fantastic Meal and great service.And a prime Rib to die for if you are any where near Marshall it is the one place to stop

Muskegon, Michigan
“Best Prime Rib Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I dined here on our way home from Ohio. Schuler's is located in the cute little town of Marshall wilt lots of shops and beautiful Christmas decorations. I had the holiday sampler platter as my main course and there is no way you can eat it all!! It included crab cakes, lobster tail, shrimp, a big bowel of meat balls and some spicy wantons. Teresa shared a bite of her prime rib which was cooked to her request at medium well. The flavor was astounding!! They always bring bread and bar cheese and we each took enough food for another meal home!! You have to try this place! They used to have one in Grand Haven but this is their only location now.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Western Michigan, USA
“A "Must Try" While in Marshall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you've never been you have to at least try it. It's been 20 years since I was at this historic landmark and I had to take advantage while in the area. I wasn't disappointed. I eat in the pub, "Winston" and first had a bowl of seafood chowder. Great taste but too much corn in my opinion. Then I had the Walleye which was served with pub fries and a small side of slaw. The Walleye was excellent. It had just a light batter and was cooked perfectly....only complaint was it was a small thin piece of fish.

Visited November 2012
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Best Prime Rib around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have dined here several times with family from the Kalamazoo area. Each time is as good as the last. We are very fond of Prime Rib and this restaurant has some of the best Prime Rib around. My order this past weekend was so tender, I could have cut it with a butter knife (and I like my PR medium well). The atmosphere is classic 1800s european, but the food is excellent. They take reservations and we have never had to wait to be seated. They also have a large private function room (that I haven't dined in) that can handle larger parties.