“Clean. Pleasant staff. Good breakfast.”

Hampton Inn Marshall
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family stay here was due to a fire in our home, the staff took excellent care of us.
We are very grateful that they were considerate of our situation. The breakfast was always fresh, the kids loved it, and Joan "the breakfast mom". There was always coffee,and everyone said good morning to Chester!(the dog).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Some of the staff here is extremely friendly and helpful (especially Haley and the older woman who tends breakfast), and the location is very convenient when visiting the Marshall area. We were in town to take a look at Dark Horse Brewing Company, and it was less than a five minute ride to the establishment from the hotel.

The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable...but I think they need to keep the pool open later in the evenings.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew F
GM-MRLMI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Andy F,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share this great review of our hotel and also recognize a couple of our staff members in the progress! Public reviews are so important nowadays in determining where guests travel, so it's always a pleasure to get such nice reviews!

I appreciate you specifically recognizing Haley, from the front desk, and Joan, our breakfast attendant, for their quality of service. Joan has been with our property since day one and has become an essential part to our hotel's success; Haley is always very friendly and is regularly recognized by our guests as well. I will make sure that they are both aware of your kind words!

We all certainly look forward to having you back at our hotel the next time you make a trip this way to visit the Dark Horse Brewing Company (a personal favorite of mine) or any of the other great restaurants and sites in Marshall!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My trip to Marshall was an extended stay (20 days plus) for business. My original reservation was at the Comfort Inn but I moved when I could not find a passable room after viewing 3 rooms!
Hampton Inn room was very clean, and the furnishings were in good condition. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. In addition, the breakfast server was a very nice lady, who kept the area clean and provided morning cheer. A big thumbs up for the Hampton Inn of Marshall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM-MRLMI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Paul5151,

Thank you for the great review! It is always great to get feedback from our guests, especially public reviews like this one!

I am extremely pleased to see that you chose to stay at our hotel after your initial experience at the local Comfort Inn. As a Hilton property, we are constantly striving to deliver exceptionally clean and comfortable rooms for our guests, and have done so with great success at this property!

I also appreciate your comments regarding our staff, particularly our breakfast attendant. Feedback is important and welcomed, but it's an even better feeling when our staff are mentioned specifically. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone!

Thank you again for the review! We all look forward to having you again when your business travels bring you back to Marshall, Michigan!

Hampton Inn- Marshall, MI

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our stop-and-go white knuckle drive in a snow storm around Detroit was painfully slow but the beacon was a Hampton Inn room waiting for us in Marshall. We were like horses heading for the stable. And, once there, the familiar surroundings, the quick registration, clean room and friendly staff made us grateful that we stuck with the drive. The desk clerk went out of her way to find us local transportation in a town without a regular taxi service since we had exhausted our driving tolerance in the snow. A typical, dependable Hampton Inn just off the freeway? Yes, by any standard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thefirstahs
GM-MRLMI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

thefirstahs,

I want to share my sincerest thanks with you for this great review of our hotel! Having lived in the Midwest most of my life and driven in every degree of weather it has to offer, I can certainly attest to the feeling you get when you find a safe haven off of the road!

I am also very thankful that you mentioned the quality service our Guest Service Agent provided in helping you locate transportation into town. Our agents have all lived in the area a long time and know everything there is to know to help a guest in need!

We certainly look forward to having you at our hotel again, however we hope it is under safer and less stressful travel conditions! Have a great New Year!

Hampton Inn- Marshall, MI

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is located easily off the freeway of I-94 which makes it really convenient, however with that comes the noise from the traffic. We had a King room facing the front (parking lot) which also faced the freeway, and the traffic noise was a little loud. This would be my only complaint. Otherwise the hotel staff was super courteous, helpful and they did their job very quickly. The room was clean, and the bed was super comfy! I did not have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The other nice thing about this location is the proximity to downtown Marshall. It was just a quick short drive to town. I would stay here again, but request a room facing the back.

Room Tip: choose a room that doesn't face the front or the freeway
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tlesniak
GM-MRLMI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

tlesniak,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review about our your stay at our hotel! We always welcome and encourage feedback from our guests, especially such nice reviews as this!

I do apologize for the noise issue you experienced as a result of your room location. Unfortunately, as you identified in your review, some rooms closer to the I-94 expressway experience additional road noise. Requesting a back side room, as you had also indicated, certainly helps reduce the chance of this noise.

I was very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, two very important aspects of any hotel stay. Thank you again for your review and we certainly look forward to having you back here again the next time you visit Marshall, MI!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Courteous, helpful staff upon our late evening arrival.
This is an average Hampton property. Reasonably clean and with the expected accomodations.
Restrictor plate on the shower is ridiculous. I am all about saving the planet but a least give me enough water to get my hair wet. Had such trouble rinsing my hair due to the limited water, I had to rinse it in the bathroom sink.
Breakfast at this location is EXCEPTIONAL. Wonderful selection. Very tastefully displayed. Delicious. The server in charge greeted us with a very friendly, "Good Morning!" when we entered the room. Served on actual plates and glasses, nice touch! I'd come back for the breakfast, maybe not the accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lvernon81
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were greeted by a professional who was nice and helpful. Upon entering our room, we found a fresh, clean room with no odors. If you want a clean and affordable place, go here. It's a 5 min drive to Chili's, restaurants and shopping. Town was quaint but closed Sunday. Breakfast variety for most.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LoveTurquouisEyes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Holiday Inn Express Marshall
Courtyard Battle Creek
Courtyard Battle Creek
#5 of 19 in Battle Creek
Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94

Been to Hampton Inn Marshall? Share your experiences!