“We had a great stay!”

Hampton Inn Marshall
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This was the last night of nearly two weeks of traveling. We couldn’t make it the rest of the way to Saginaw and thought it would be fun to visit the casino and we knew the teenagers would have fun at the pool. We saw the reviews of the road noise but we stayed on the ground floor on the freeway side and didn’t notice it at all. We called ahead to ask if the pool was warm because after staying in four other hotels on this trip we learned that pools just aren’t kept as warm as they should. The enthusiastic man we talked to pointed out the pool heater was just upgraded and joked they were having problems getting it to cool down. LOL. The water was perfect. The breakfast was great and the staff were fun to talk to. I wished all of the hotels on our stay could have been a little more like this one.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank baymama71

Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed here Sunday night, December 4, as our granddaughter had a choir concert at Albion College that we attended. We always enjoy staying at Hampton Inns, they are one of our favorites. This one was pretty much as expected, nice, clean, comfortable bed (except for the pillows, they were all rock hard), etc. but the heating unit made quite a bit of rattling noise when it was running. We did have the fan running all night, trying to mask the truck noise from the highway but it didn't help much. I even had a sound machine and that didn't mask the truck noise either. It was really quite noisy all night long, and especially from the ones coming into the gas station right next door. There are several truck spots in back, which is very close to the hotel, and a few trucks were pulling in and out all night, probably the drivers getting some sleep. Maybe the rooms on the other side of the hotel were a bit quieter, but due to the level of the truck noise we probably won't stay here again.

I did ask, in our reservation, for a top floor room away from the elevator and both requests were honored.

We thought the breakfast buffet (served 6 - 10 a.m.) was fine. They had scrambled eggs, sausage patties, breakfast potatoes, make-your-own waffles, bagels, breads for toasting, several kinds of muffins and pastries, cold cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes and pineapple), apples, bananas, juices, and coffee/tea. The area was well attended by a friendly, chatty elderly lady.

The pool looked nice (we didn't use it) but was quite small and no whirlpool.

There is an old-fashioned Denny's diner by the road, within walking distance.

We never heard any hallway noise, or noise from neighboring rooms. Just noise from the trucks. Next time we would probably choose a hotel further away from the highway.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Chattyaholic
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel was full and there were a few kids letting of steam running in the hallways, but that was the only distraction. My room (213) faced the quiet backside of the the property. Super comfortable. Great bedding and I LOVED the fact that the shower head was over 7 feet above the tub floor. That's the tallest I've ever seen in a hotel, anywhere! Being 6'3" there was no bending or ducking needed.
Staff was wonderful- chatty, attentive, and could give easy directions around town. Breakfast had everything one could ask for from a buffet.
I will stay here again. No questions asked.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel has got to be the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2011

First of all, you WILL hear I-94 traffic noise at this property. We were in room 333, the farthest from the highway and on the back of the building and you could still hear trucks on I-94.

Second, the staff here is cold. No smiles. The breakfast kitchen help was frantic (when they had no reason to be) and actually ran into an older gentleman getting his breakfast.

I turned in my keys and said goodbye and then 30-seconds later, remembered I had left something in the room, so I went back and asked for my key back.

"I need to see id", the woman said.

"But I talked to you less than a minute ago."

"I talk to a lot of people. ID, please."

Really a strange situation. I won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BarefootTom
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The front desk staff is great. The rooms are typical Hampton Inn with flat screen TV's and good bedding. The only negative is that the internet is very slow. Also, only a few rooms have micro/fridge.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Because I work at the Hilton in my hometown, I did get a reduced room rate. But thar aside I would have happily paid full price for this hotel! We came up from Indiana to go to FireKeepers in Battlecreek. But staying the short drive away in Marshall was awesome! The downtown was great and with our hotel location it was a short drive anywhere. We will for sure be returning!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We have been staying here on business trips for almost 2 years now and always enjoy coming here. The staff always remembers our names and we always get the same room. One of the best places we have stayed at!! The staff is great!! Super clean rooms..comfy beds.. If you want to feel at home when you are on the road..this is the place!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Holiday Inn Express Marshall
#6 of 19 in Battle Creek
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#3 of 19 in Battle Creek

Been to Hampton Inn Marshall? Share your experiences!