“Superb food, atmosphere, beer, and band”

Dark Horse Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We went here as an after thought while seeking a look at some property I bought. Henceforth it will be a forethought! We arrived in late afternoon on Sunday, today. The parking lot was packed with cars and motorcycles, a sure sign of some thing good. There is a general store separate from the restaurant and we went there first since it was right next to where we parked. This place had a huge array of clothing, memorabilia, skateboard items, and beers of the month for sale. This is a local brewery and they make some incredible beers, only a few of which are sold each month in quantity to go. The rest are available in the restaurant and only he patio. What an incredible place! And, it was packed! This is obviously a favorite of locals. They have a mug club with special wooden mugs that you can be reserved in at each return visit. All of the food items we ordered were fabulous. My son and I split a 14 inch veggie pizza which was the best we have had anywhere. We also ordered an appetizer of garlic cheesy bread which shared and was wonderful. We then their fresh beers of the day before ordering and the decision was difficult because they were all so good. There was a live bluegrass band that happened to be there, they don't normally have a live band on Sunday according to their menus. The band was great and I bought a CD I had them autograph as well as the last shirt they had and they autographed the CD. Several other people did the same. All of the people there were friendly and very sociable, the service was prompt, accommodating, the food was made fresh and served hot, and the whole experience is one we will seek to repeat as soon as possible. Make this a destination! You will love it!

There are newer reviews for Dark Horse Brewing Co

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent quality beer selection. Food was average. Atmosphere fun and funky. Great place to meet for a few drinks and snacks.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I drove over a hundred miles to come to this years crawfish boil.
She was born in Louisiana.
I owned a restaurant in south Louisiana for thirteen years.
We are seldom pleased with a meal.
I had low expectations.
Boy! was I wrong.
I have been eating boiled crawfish for over twenty five years.
I have boiled hundreds of pounds.
Never have I had better prepared crawfish, even my own.
We will watch for any upcoming events and be sure and attend.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Visiting the Dark Horse feels like coming home....if your family's interesting, funky and a bit irreverent. We love the beer and food, and the kids love the homemade soda. The staff are friendly, and we feel like they've become friends over the years. It's always busy now, but you can see why. Check out the beer garden when the weather's great.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Although I love the food and beer, I find it hard to get a table when I go to DH. If you want a table you literally have to get there right when it opens. It is very small... hopefully they can expand.