“Disappointing !” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Indiana, USA
“Disappointing !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

For the first time a Holiday Inn actually refused to add rewards points for our stay. The "excuse' was that we did not book it directly on their website and used Expedia instead ! That same weekend we stay at yet another Holiday Inn in Mackinaw City and they did it without a question !
Not very good customer service policy.
Breakfast is not included either. Their billboard on our way to Marquette is misleading ( Kids under 12 eat free breakfast ),,, this is at the restaurant in the hotel which serves A la carte food !

Room Tip: If you insist on the rewards, they eventually give in and do it !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your previous stay at our hotel. Unfortunately when you reserve a room through a third party intermediary, it is classified as a non qualifying stay for points. To ensure that you receive your points, I would suggest going through Holiday Inn's website, or contacting the hotel directly. I apologize if our billboard seemed unclear. We absolutely honor the Kids Eat Free Program. Any child 12 & under will eat free from our childrens menu when accompanied by an adult who orders an entree. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 906-315-4224. We take all comments seriously as our goal is to exceed our guests expectations. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

House Hunting in the UP we needed a pet-friendly hotel. Although the rate was a bit higher than other places, I'm sure glad we picked this one. From checking in with Kelly at the Front Desk to the clean and updated rooms, this was well worth it. We went for drinks in the Lounge and Will not only was friendly, but went well out of his way to make sure we had info about the local area, even suggesting talking to a manager if we needed suggestions regarding properties. The next morning we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and Cher (our waitress) was top notch. Friendly, helpful and not at all pushy. Making sure we left with to-go coffee cups for another day of house hunting. This hotel is what all hotels should strive for in customer service. We appreciate everyone going the extra mile and not only will be back, but will recommend to anyone staying in Marquette.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor rooms at the end have a great exterior access to parking.
1 Thank JHarveyInc
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I hope you found the home of your dreams in our wonderful city. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. With our recent 2 million dollar renovation, our hotel is bright and refreshed. I am happy to hear that our friendly and professional staff assisted you in providing information about our area. We truly pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and do our best to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return visit.
wixom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay all over the country at holiday inns and by far this was the best food i have ever had. the staff is very friendly. From time to time my work gets done a day early or extends a day. other holiday inns credit the non used days but this manager chose to not refund the one day I did not use. I thought I gave proper notice but they needed the money I supose. I will be planning another stay in marquette and im sure it will be at this hotel. I need to try the pizza!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I agree our food is outstanding! The pizza is truly amazing and we have won over many discerning pizza fanatics. I did note that you had a question regarding checking out early during your last stay. If you would like to contact me (Ann Armstrong) at 906-315-4224, I will be more than happy to look into things for you. Also, please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation. Thanks again for your comments. They are greatly appreciated!
Combermere, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Another long day of driving and it was time to call it a day, have a meal and get to bed. Being a supporter of the Holiday Inn chain, I saw a sign for the Holiday Inn of Marquette about half an hour outside of town so made plans to check it out rather than find accommodations sooner. I wasn't disappointed.
The rate at $99.95 US was reasonable and my Holiday Inn Priority Club Rewards membership gave me a free breakfast coupon and a discount of $3 for a drink that night at the bar/restaurant.
It was late and the restaurant had just closed but the young fellow working the bar was quick to get me their late night bar menu and suggested the quickest on the menu would be a pizza. No substitutions on the black olive, pineapple and bacon pizza I was told. That was OK. I could live with it. The bartender offered to bring the pizza to my room if I wanted but I stayed and talked hockey with others in the bar. The Ottawa Senators were not doing well.
About fifteen minutes later, out came a 14" pizza with ample toppings and taste to satisfy.
In the morning, the eggs and bacon were both properly cooked, the orange juice was cold and the waitress was very attentive to my needs.
The room was clean, there was plenty of hot water for my morning shower, and breakfast was included. Who could want for more?
While I didn't take advantage of the swimming pool or sauna, both looked inviting and clean. Surprisingly, the toxic smell of chlorine did not fill the air in the pool area.
Front desk staff were very friendly at check-in and check-out.
If you ever find yourself in Marquette Michigan needing accommodations, check out the Holiday Inn Marquette.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with easy access through Door #2 from the parking lot. It enters easily to the elevat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your previous stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty to the Priority Club Program. It is an amazing rewards program that gives the guest additional benefits at hotels, along with the opportunity to earn flight miles, or redeem points for fantastic merchandise. I am happy that you had an opportunity to try out our amazing pizza. This pizza is winning the hearts of even the most discerning pizza fanatics. I am happy to see you also stopped into our newly remodeled dining room for breakfast. Our friendly and upbeat staff do their best to ensure that each guest walks away happy with their meal, a smile on their face, and a to go cup of coffee. Next time you stay with us, be sure to enjoy some time in the pool area. There is nothing like a hot soak in a whirlpool at the end of your day. Take care and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to your return.
Columbiaville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Everything about the hotel was perfect! The location, staff, decor, and especially the food! Excellent food! We have stayed there in the past and chose to stay again. Very glad we did! Will continue to stay there again in the future!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. It is so nice to read comments from guests who appreciate our recent
2 million dollar renovation. It took some time to complete, but it was definitley worth the wait! I will pass along your comments to our food and beverage team. They take such pride in the food they prepare and the service they provide. Thanks again for your comments and our entire team looks forward to your return visit.
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn many times over the last five years. Tonight was the first time I have ever tried their homemade pizza. It was outstanding. If you stay at the Holiday Inn or live in the area I would recommend trying their homemade pizza. The staff is outstanding: their hostesses Cher, Lori, and Sheri make the morning and Marquette is a wonderful place to visit.

Room Tip: Upstairs away from the bar. Thursday nights can get loud with the crowd that comes in.
1 Thank KevinSleen
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Kevin, it was wonderful meeting you during your last stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette. Often times, our corporate guests do not get back to the hotel until later in the evening and I miss out on a great opportunity to personally thank them for their business. I agree that the pizza we serve is incredible! I would put our pizza up against the greatest pizzerias in Chicago. They are that good!! I have passed along your compliments to our staff. They will certainly appreciate their efforts being noticed. Next time you stay with us, please stop in and say hello. Thanks again for your kind remarks. We look forward to your return visit.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Convenient location right on Hwy. 41. Clean, good service, comfortable beds. Good value. This was a business trip to Marquette. Didn't have time to take full advantage of facilities but the overall experience as good. I would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Jonathan652
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn of Marquette Michigan. I am so happy that you had a great stay. With our 2 million dollar rennovation complete, our hotel is very bright and cheerful. Next time you visit, please be sure to enjoy the pool and whirlpool. They are the two largest in the area. If you enjoy pizza, please be sure to try one of our gourmet pizzas. They are absolutely delicious and are very affordable. We look forward to your return visit.