“Wedding Reception!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Negaunee, Michigan
“Wedding Reception!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently had my wedding reception at this hotel. Because myself and all of my family is out of town, this was a very convenient place for the reception, because all of my family could stay there as well!
The banquet room was beautiful, and because of the employees there my husband and I didn't have to do a thing with our banquet room that day. Earlier that week we dropped off everything, candles, card book, guest book, etc. The employees put everything out for us, we didn't have to worry about a thing. They even got a list of all the vendors we were working with (cake place, DJ, flowers) and assured that they would make sure everything would work out with those. For example, if for some reason my cake didn't show up, they would call them and take care of it. They took a huge weight off of our shoulders that day. And everything did go perfectly, thanks to them!
I (the bride) ended up staying there the night before the wedding with my bridesmaids, the morning of the wedding we realized we didn't know how we were getting to the hair salon. We were in the lobby discussing it when some one at the front desk overheard us. They immediately offered their bellman to drive us. It took so much stress off, and the bellman was super nice too!
During the reception, the staff also helped us feel stress free too. They took care of all the needs our guests had, and we never knew of any problems that may have happened, because they took care of them immediately.
Lastly, all of my family that stayed there said how at home the staff made them feel. They got room service from the restaurant a few times, and my grandmother specifically commented on the nice staff, and how quick they were. My mother commented on the waitstaff during the reception as well, saying how nice, and fun they were.

Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was in my friends wedding last weekend and she held her reception here and every part of it was so amazing! The staff was super caring and helpful. One of our bridesmaids ripped her dress and they brought us pins and a sewing kit and even offered to have their seamstress come help! The banquette area where the reception was held was such an elegant setting. The carpeting and walls and fixtures were all in tip-top shape. Once the reception was over we all went into the bar in the hotel which had a band with a dance floor - SO fun! They had great room service, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and the best thing of all was their brunch buffet the next day! SO deliciously especially after a long night of partying :) last two things.... The lobby is gorgeous and the pool area was fun for hot tubbing. I recommend this place over any other place in MRQT.

Room Tip: The suite that the wedding couple stayed in was huge!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chelsie B
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay. Our goal is to treat each guest as a valued friend and to go the extra mile in exceeding their expectations. I am beyond thrilled that you recognized our efforts in writing. Our entire team looks forward to your return visit to our hotel. Again, much thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with others.
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was Friday, late afternoon, checking in was a hockey team and a football team. They were staffed and ready to handle the rush! Really impressed. No long lines, they had staffed properly and were ready for the rush. Every staff member the entire weekend was extremly friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean and great beds!! Wonderful selection of Beers down in the bar. No food in the bar after 10:00 pm though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MInone4
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay at our hotel. We had a wonderful weekend with many groups and our Front Desk was absolutely prepared to give everyone a wonderful check in experience. We pride ourselves on great service and friendly staff. I am happy to see that you were not disappointed with your experience. Our bar is always a great place to relax and have a cool beverage. I did pass along your comments regarding food after 10p.m to our management team. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to having you return in the future.
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My daughter is going to attend NMU and we stayed here for 2 nights for a college visit. Reservation was for 2 rooms and is exactly what we got. Hotel is an older building but updated carpeting, walls, etc. It is clean and nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Big new TV. Did not go to the bar. The Sunday brunch was very good. $10 (we had $3 off coupons as members of Priority Club) The swimming pool was a real throw back to the huge vaulted swimming pool rooms. A pool you could actually swim laps! Fitness area is lacking, as all hotel fitness areas are. Throw an elliptical and treadmill in a broom closet and call it a fitness area, but the pool made up for it. Only complaint was my room heating was very old and the "fan only" didn't work. I didn't notice until the day we left. It heated fine. The 2nd room had a newer unit and worked well. Front desk spoke to maintenance while I was standing there. Close to shopping and other dining. I will stay here every time for the next 4 years.

Room Tip: Bar had a band on Saturday night. On 4th floor, couldn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JimGREU
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to see that you liked our pool. It is the largest one in the area, and our guests always comment on the size and spaciousness of the pool area. I did pass your comments along to our Chief Engineer regarding the a/c unit, and also passed along your comments to our food and beverage manager. I hope that you and and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Northern Michigan University. It is a wonderful college and has so much to offer it's students. I hope that your daughter will select NMU and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
GRAND RAPIDS
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here with my flight crew. Very nice. Would come again with my family. The hotel was clean, the pizza in the bar was great, we played pool, and enjoyed ourselves vey much. Staff was friendly, we earned drink coupons and free breakfast for being priority members.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank kimdurst
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so happy that you and your co-workers had a great time at our hotel. It's always nice to see customers who appreciate our clean hotel and outstanding amenities. I agree that the homemade pizza's at our hotel are absolutely delicious! I strongly encourage everyone to try one when they are here. I hope that you will revisit our hotel in the near future.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Booked our room 3 months ahead, called 2 days before arrival to confirm, was told they were sold out and had moved us to the Ramada Inn.
Had to call headquarters to straighten this out, finally given our orginial reservation with Holiday Inn and upgraded to a suite.
Very happy with outcome but when you're traveling and unfamiliar with an area this type of situation is not welcome!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and I apologize that we fell short with you. I am glad however, to see that the problem was rectified and we were able to upgrade your room. We look forward to your future return.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have passed on staying here on prior visits based on the exteriors appearance. It appeared as if it were outdated but I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. They looked like they had been recently renovated and added some very comfortable beds and pillows along with a newer HD tv. The bar had a nice local feel to although not very busy (on a Thursday) but pleasant. The entrance to the bath room seems to interfere with the entry way door as it has a 3/4 wall that juts out in front of the entry way. Lastly I always check my shower prior to entry as I have found some undesirables in other hotels and this one was not all that different. I used the shower head to wash away quite a few hairs from the shower floor and walls that were not my own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ann A, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Marquette, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We have recently renovated our property and I am hapy that you appreciate the changes. We always strive to exceed your expectations and I will be certain to share your thoughts with our entire management team. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.