We paid about $55/night for a single queen this weekend. We walked in and were initially very unimpressed. While the staff was enthusiastic, friendly and extremely helpful (Some of the best we've encountered) the room wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Someone in an earlier review mentioned the "old" hallway on the 1st floor, which is where we ended up. It looks like the property was formerly a motel with each room opening into the parking lot. More recently, an enclosed hallway was built. It's dimly lit with the hum of each room's A/C units filling it. The room itself had a safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, TV with cable and a table with 2 chairs. The floor was fake wood with no carpeting. The bathroom was very small, with the sink outside the bathroom next to the TV. I, at 6'2" tall was too tall for the shower, with the shower head only being about 5'2" off the ground by my estimation. (My shoulders) The only real issue we had was that the bed was extremely loud. We made do, as the room was overall very acceptable, especially for the low rate we were getting.
The complimentary continental breakfast was decent, cook your own waffles, toast, cereal, and oatmeal with coffee, apple juice, orange juice, milk and hot chocolate. It's served 7-10 every day.
The pool was very clean, no heavy chlorine smell in the air and nice and warm. It goes from 3' to 5.5' with a ledge around the edge. I didn't go in the whirlpool, but my wife and son said it was too hot.
If you're looking for a cheap place to crash, this is it! Not much in the way of extras, but it definitely gets the job done.
Again, a huge shout out to the staff this weekend. You guys really treated us great! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located 4 miles from Marquette at the intersection of two major highways; offer a deluxe continental breakfast, indoor pool and spa. We are now featuring Intentional Healing Massage Therapy on site as well as indoor tanning. Ojibwa Casino is only 4 miles from us and they offer shuttle service to and from. We also have a casino package for our guests. We are right on the snowmobile trail also, trail 417. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Marquette
- Travel Lodge Marquette
- Travelodge Marquette
- Americas Best Value Inn Marquette
- Marquette Travelodge