“Needs updating” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Marquette

Ramada Marquette
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Marquette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Woodstock, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family of 3 just spent the night in this hotel, but I booked it in February. I specifically said that due to allergies, the room cannot smell of smoke. While the hotel is non-smoking, it doesn't mean that the room still does not smell (reek) of it.

When I went back to the front desk, there was nothing that the staff was willing to do or assist with, so I had no choice than to stay. I took an antihistamine hoping to survive the night, but I should have slept in my car instead!

If someone specifically requests absolutely no smell of smoke in the room, then it (the request) should be adhered to. If the front desk staff is not aware of the smell, then they are not doing their job in knowing their product...and they are definitely not supporting their position in customer service.

I will stay at the Hampton Inn next time...they have a money-back guarantee for customer satisfaction.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review on tripadvisor.com. We are a smoke free building and we enforce this policy. We were full during your stay and only had rooms with two full size beds available which we offered to move you to and you declined. We are continuously changing our full size beds to queen beds and hope you will come visit us again.

Ed O'Brien
Milan, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My Ramada experiences in the past were enough to make me nervous about what I'd find when I got to the one in Marquette. I was very pleased to find, though, that this Ramada is nicer than many. When I checked in, they were sealing the parking lot. Because of fumes, they upgraded my room to a King Suite at no additional charge so that I wouldn't be bothered by them. This was a very nice room, large, with a lake view. I felt like I had an apartment! It was clean and comfortably furnished, too, especially the very inviting bed.

The staff was pleasant, helpful, and courteous. Plenty of parking and within an easy walk of downtown shopping, entertainment, and the lakefront. The only complaint I have is the price. $140/night was the cheapest I could get in downtown, so I bit the bullet. The upgraded room made it more worth it, I guess. I did not see any other rooms so I don't know if they were as nice as mine. From what I experienced, I would stay here again for the convenience alone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.com. We are glad you were able to stay with us. I agree the lake view rooms are amazing. I will share your comments with all of our staff they will be glad to hear about your visit. We hope you can come and visit us again.

Warm Regards,
Ed O'Brien and the Ramada of Marquette Staff
Travelers also viewed these Marquette hotels
Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marquette
Days Inn Marquette
Days Inn Marquette
#5 of 19 in Marquette

Been to Ramada Marquette? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marquette

Property: Ramada Marquette
Address: 412 W Washington St, Business US 41 and US M 28, Marquette, MI 49855-4132 (Formerly Ramada Inn of Marquette)
Location: United States > Michigan > Upper Peninsula > Marquette
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Marquette
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Marquette 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ramada Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Of Marquette Hotel Marquette