“Noquemenon 2013”
Review of Ramada Marquette

Ramada Marquette
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great place to stay for the ski race. Staff was friendly and understood the unique requirements of ski racers.

My only issue was with our room being located directly above the exit preferred by the smokers in other rooms. Listening to them bang in and out of the door, and stand around drinking beer and yelling at each other wasn't the best background for restful sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a sponsor of the Noquemanon Ski Race and enjoy having the racers stay with us. I apologize for the noise you experienced and addressed it with our staff. The front desk staff makes every attempt to keep our guest out of the rooms near the elevator or exit doors but when you are a busy hotel downtown sometimes it is unavoidable. We look forward to your next visit, when making your reservation please request a higher floor. Again Thank you very much.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I travelled to Marquette on business, and stayed here. Although this is an older property, is is well maintained and up to date. The room was spotless and included the standard amenities (coffee maker, ironing board, microwave and mini-fridge). The TV and bedding were new. A special notr here; the cable system and TV were the best I've seen in a hotel ever, lots of channels, many in HD to match the HD TV. The exercise facility was adequate. There is a restaurant and lounge on site. The food was good and reasonably priced. The live entertainment in the lounge was quite enjoyable. The hotel is located downtown, within walking distance of the lake shore and business district.
All in all, I found this hotel to be top notch and will not hesitate to recommend it, or stay there again on my next trip to Marquette.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We have worked hard to make the upgrades our guest have been asking for and we will continue to make the changes neccessary so you can enjoy your stay. We understand when being away on business you don't want to worry about anything else. We look forward to you next visit and when you make your reservation please ask how you can take advantage of our business traveler rates.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a great hotel and very conveniently located near the university. There were only 2 slight problems, I was given a higher rate than offered to guest who are in town for the graduation, but later they adjusted my rate thanks to Kate at the front desk. She was very sweet. The sink in the bathroom had backed up and left black hairs in the sink, but once the front desk was notified, it was fixed and everything was great. My family had an excellent stay. Oh and the french toast sticks on the buffet were hard, but it is a buffet and that is understandable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am glad we were able to take care of your rate. Our Parents Plus Program is designed to take care of the parents of students at Northern Michigan University. Next time you come to visit your child please contact the Ramada directly and we will be able to give your that same great rate. We look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Do not use the 888 number that is on Ramada web page. By using this it cost me $67.00 more that if I would have called the local Ramada that I stayed in instead of the number that I thought I was getting. In short the 888 number charged me $157.00 plus another $6.95 for some kind of fee for a total of $163.96, The room for that night was going for $100. The number I called also said that if I cancelled I would still have to pay because at this time the hotel was full. Not so, there was only about 15 cars in the lot and very slow. For my money and the great room I was to get was by the weight room.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Director014, Director of Sales at Ramada Marquette, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I appoligize for the inconvenience you experienced through some of our booking channels. We always recommend calling the hotel directly to reserve rooms to ensure you are getting the attention and price you deserve. In the future please contact the hotel directly and we will take care of all your needs. I hope your experience while visiting our hotel was above and beyond what you expected and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We always have great service through the family program Ramada Marquette sponsors for Northern Michigan University students and their families. Clean rooms, friendly staff and great entertainment in the Harley Lounge.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your kind comments. We respect the University and it's students for everything they do for the community it is our pleasuer to accomodate the Parents of the Northern Michigan University students. If there is anything you can think of that might make this program a little better please let us know. We look forward to seeing you in the future and wish your children the best in their future endeavors.

A TripAdvisor Member
WAYLAND
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Check pool area more often as children were running wild...after returning from long days at the hospital, I had to drive around the parking lot several times to find a spot. All in all I found my stay was very nice under harsh (hospital) circumstances. I was surprised and grateful for the discount the hotel gave for our stay. It was an unexpected trip and we are retired and on a budget...Thank you for that.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for staying with the us. I am thankful we had a program that could help you in your time of need. I am sorry our parking lot was full when you returned we had several guest enjoying our hospitality and what the down town has to offer. When you return and if you have trouble finding a parking place please stop at the front desk and we will assist you in finding a spot.