“Wedding Stay”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Hillsdale, Michigan
“Wedding Stay”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently booked a lot of rooms for a wedding - our rehearsal dinner was also held at the Ramada in the Ancestors Room. The reservations went well enough, and staff helping us by phone and once we were there were kind and friendly. That was never an issue. The problem seemed to be that there was wild inconsistency. My husband and I were upgraded to a king suite (when we tried to book a king bed, we were told the hotel had none...). That was fabulous, as we could host the other relatives in the suite between wedding events. The room was tidy and clean, except for the upholstered furniture, which had a lot of stains (bathtub desperately needed updating). Bed was very comfortable. Reports of other family members were not so nice.... one found a pair of used men's underwear between the nightstand and bed when she dropped her phone and reached down to retrieve the phone! Another room was so humid and musty that the sheets felt damp. Rooms in another building were reported as not really clean. Soundproofing was nonexistent and there was no elevator in one building and part of our family was on upper floors - we were never warned this was a possibility. I was very freaked out by the notes housekeeping left for my grandson - such as the one right on his favorite stuffed animal - "Have the Bestest Stay Ever!" - with pictures and signatures. I believe that their hearts were in the right place, even though their grammar was not, but the notes were just a little creepy and invasive. My grandson was taken to the pool - there were no towels. Staff was asked immediately and said they would bring them right away. Much later, when my small grandson was out of the pool with chattering teeth, shaking, freezing cold - still no towels. In fact, the towels were still sitting behind the front desk the next morning, having never made it to the pool at all. Also, while I understand it's nice for a hotel to host pool parties for local birthdays, it seems that weekends when the hotel is busy are not a good time. Due to a very large group of very unruly boys at a birthday party, our grandchildren could not use the pool on another day. We chose the hotel with the pool amenity as an important part of the stay. The restaurant in the hotel got very mixed reviews. Our rehearsal dinner room was far too small and tropically hot - when we asked for the temperature to be lowered, it became arctic cold! We had to leave the room and go down a long dingy hall for our buffet food, our food order was not correct, and a porter spoke quite nastily with our bartender right in front of me! (Though I have nothing but praise for the bartender who was fantastic in every way.) No leadership available for the dinner - obvious that the hotel didn't care about this at all. I had called again that day to verify that it was under control - but I shouldn't have trusted the assurances I received, because it was not under control at all. Terrible room for a party - really a dismal spot tucked away near the working parts of kitchens and storage. Although the room rate for our wedding party was good, I cannot recommend the hotel for a party event at all - and I will likely try somewhere else should I ever need to return to Marquette.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I always stay at the Ramada Inn in Marquette MI. Their staff is among the friendliest I have met. When you ask for something it is provided for without a wait time. The food is fantasitc. Especially the breakfast buffet. I love the down town location, within walking distance to specialty shops, lower harbor, restaurants, St. Peter's Cathedral. I have attended meeting there for business and have found them to do an excellent job in accommodating both lage and small groups on the same day. I would reccomend staying there to anyone that is interested in visiting the Marquette area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers also viewed these Marquette hotels
Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marquette
Days Inn Marquette
Days Inn Marquette
#5 of 19 in Marquette

Been to Ramada Marquette? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Marquette

Property: Ramada Marquette
Address: 412 W Washington St, Business US 41 and US M 28, Marquette, MI 49855-4132 (Formerly Ramada Inn of Marquette)
Location: United States > Michigan > Upper Peninsula > Marquette
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Business Hotel in Marquette
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Marquette 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Marquette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Of Marquette Hotel Marquette