“Great Views”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We mstopped in when we stayed here and it was very relaxing - next time we will get there earlier in the evening and snag a table by the windows which have FABULOUS views of the Lake. Not a huge wine list but it's doable. Great place to go whether you are staying the night or not.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

the overall experience was outstanding. As others have noted it is a small room atop the hotel with only a few tables. The view is fantastic. When we arrived several people were leaving so we got a table immediately. There was a female singer accompanying herself with a guitar performing. As she was quite good (and being from Tennessee and a "picker" myself I appreicated). The drinks came quickly and we ordered from the main menu, which proved to be a mistake. There are two menus - one with sandwichs, pizza etc. and a main menu from the restaurant on the first floor. We both ordered steak. It took more than an hour to get our food and when mine came it was so well-done although I'd ordered it medium well. My wife's was done exactly right. Both pieces of meat were high quality, but of course I didn't enjoy mine as much as I wished to. The sides were very good and the pre-dinner tomato bisque soup was superb. The server and the entertainment saved the evening for us. The server took my entree off our bill and was very attentive throughout. The singer was joined by two friends after her first set and they opened with a very nice harmony on Seven Bridges Road. One of them then added solid play on the cello to the sound. The entertainment and a couple of nicely prepared drinks from ;the bar took the edge off of my annoyance at the long delay and the disappointing preparation of the steak. I recommend the Sky Room with the suggestion that you order from the lighter menu.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Other then the view you can order from both restaurant menus in the hotel from salad, pizza, sandwich to salmon, filet mignon etc. get there early to get the best seat.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have eaten at the landmark several times in the past few years, and I have to say you never know if it is going to be a great meal or just average, although I have never had a bad meal here. They have changed chefs a few times lately so maybe that is why. The sky room is beautiful with a fireplace and a great view. The last time I ate here was for a luncheon meeting. Because of the location the waiter has to bring the food up an elevator and make several trips. For some reason my meal came last, and by the time I got it most everyone else was done. The hot sandwich I ordered was also cold and the bread was hard. I would have to say that was the worst meal I have had there. If you eat in the downstairs pub or dining room I don't believe this would be a problem.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The pub has good, low price food. The service is good. The cakes are wonderful. Good homemade soup.