“New Orleans in Northern Michigan?”

Lagniappe Cajun Creole Eatery
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Traverse City, MI
“New Orleans in Northern Michigan?”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great Eatery, reminded me of New Orleans or Pearls Eatery in Elk Rapids Mi. Huge menu, food was wonderful and lot's of it! we'll definatly go back next time in Marquette, MI. You gotta know where it is though. A little hard to find...enjoy!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MInone4

Marquette, Michigan
“Great Food. Always a good time!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Everytime we have eaten at Lagniappe's we have never been disappointed.
Excellent food, waitstaff, atmosphere ~ a great dining experience.
The food is very, very, fresh. Once, my husband and I were flying out of the local airport. Our flight left at the ungodly hour at 5:30 a.m. There at the airport was the owner of Lagniappe - picking up his fresh-just-flown-in seafood. I was impressed!
Very much reccomend this establishment.

1 Thank Deb S
Minot, North Dakota
“You have to eat here!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family went here for lunch and it was awesome! My husband really likes cajun food and he wasn't' disappointed. Everyone's meal was delicious. Our waiter was from New Orleans and he knew the menu very well. He was able to make suggestions and really helped. The only reason I didn't get it 5 stars is because it was pretty cold in the restaurant. We all had to leave our jackets on to eat. But other than that, it was a great restaurant. I would recommend it without any reservations.

1 Thank MichiganKatura
“Great food ~ Cool Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Hard to believe there is a Cajun/Creole restaurant in Northern Michigan, almost as far away from New Orleans as you can be and still be in the US. But there it was, and what a great place it turned out to be. It was crowded on a Friday night, and we had to wait awhile for a table. But considering it was Parent's weekend at the university and the size of the place, the wait was not unreasonable. And once we were seated, the service was very good, and our food arrived quickly. There was great variety in the food, which included many Louisiana classics. The food is on the spicy side as one would expect, but if you want it hotter, they have a hot sauce rack with a decent selection of different hot sauces. Prices were reasonable. The only that seemed odd was that the entrees are a la carte...one would have expected at least some bread to soak up the great sauces!

Richmond, Virginia
“Cajun in the UP?”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I entered this restaurant with some skepticism. New Orleans is my favorite city and I go there as often as I can. I would not have been disappointed to have had this meal in New Orleans, it was that good. A little disappointed that they did not have any beer on tap but the list of bottles was acceptable. My waitress was great. She took the time to help me with the menu and warned of things that I might not be happy with. It appears that my accent is noticeable. She went so far as to bring out samples of some of the items we had discussed for my comment. This place is tops on my list in Marquette.