“One of 2 Italian food places to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Calabria

Casa Calabria
Ranked #22 of 114 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1981, Casa Calabria has been serving up the best steaks, pasta, pizzas, salads and sandwiches. Winners of best steaks, dinner, Italian food, service and atmosphere for the past 7 years in voting fro Marquette County. Located just 2 blocks from Northern Michigan University, Duke Lifepoint Hospital and Lakeview Hockey Arena. Plenty of convenient parking and speedy take out service.
Marquette, Michigan, United States
“One of 2 Italian food places to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is one of the TWO best places to eat in Marquette when it comes to Italian food. This one the place can seat a fair amount of people, nice décor, friendly staff, more of an up scale setting. Drinks are great, food is awesome, but it is and can be a little pricey.

Visited November 2012

“Worst Italian food ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ordered the lasagne. It was extremely greasy, served in a casserole dish with orange colored oil bubbling all around it. No ricotta in this lasagne, just globs of mozzarella. I felt like I was chewing gum trying to choke it down. Our waitress, Ashley was very sweet. If it were not hit her, the entire experience would have been bad. Can't believe we waited over half an hour to be seated. The locals seemed to love it. Clay and I will not be back.

• Visited June 2013
Negaunee, Michigan
“Not the same”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

At one point, I really enjoyed eating here. But the portions have gotten much smaller, the prices have skyrocketed, and the food quality has gone downhill.

This used to be a restaurant we visited for special occasions, but after the continuing poor service and food, we have not gone back and will not until we hear otherwise.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank LaurelAR
Noblesville, Indiana
“Deep dish pizza in the UP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went to Casa Calabria half an hour before they closed, and the staff was very nice and accommodating! We ordered a bottle of wine for only $20 (which was definitely cheap for a bottle of wine in a restaurant!) and the large deep dish margherita pizza. The pizza took a long time, but the waitress made sure that we understood that and were okay with that ahead of time. The pizza was huge and was really good! I would say it's the best deep dish I've had outside of Chicago. I would definitely go back for the great food and the friendly service!

Visited July 2013
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“If I'd graduated from NMU and Casa had been around when I was a student I'd probably remember it fondly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

But since I wasn't I must say that the main reason for the above statement is volume of offerings from the Italian menu combined with a reasonable price. My wife and I both had Italian dishes. The red sauce is bland. The pasta is unremarkable. The bread is very good and the salads fresh The prices are good for the Italian dinners, but the steaks dinners are between 25 and 32 dollars. I don't know if they are worth it. Service was good as was the atmosphere. If you are traveling and stay in Marquette you can do better/

• Visited June 2013