“Good fish and great beer.”

Vierling Restaurant and Marquette Harbor Brewery
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Good fish and great beer.”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had lunch here. The inside of the building is very nice and the brick walls add to the atmosphere.
The beers are interesting and very tasty. The fish sandwich was the special and it was wonderful. If you get a table by the window you have a nice view of the water.

Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Good service, decent food and beer ....”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Great whitefish chowder, homemade dressing recommendation is the tarragon honey... On the spinach, bleu cheese, bacon salad, Brie app is great, huge piece of whitefish in the basket (too many fries) and the roasted tomato, Munster, basil sandwich was good! The beer sampler is a great way to go if your unsure ... Personally I enjoyed the KBC Red Jacket.

Oshkosh, WI
“Great Brewery with Amazing Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

The beer sampler is a great place to start at the Vierling. You can try the full spectrum of their brews to find something you like. The food is great, the ribs are highly recommended. The history of the building is really interesting.

Visited July 2014
Woodbridge
“Trip advisor rated #2 ? C 'mom Marquette ! Maybe their bad day at Vierling....”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch based on high Trip Advisor rating of Vierling. I understand that they have different "chefs" in there at different times of the day. I thought that they must have had "Satan" (just kidding) cooking for us that day, as things (multiple) came out BURNED. How can you serve burned food? This was not "blackened redfish," etc. My French onion soup was served with the rich cheese all around the rim BLACK-burned. Never in my life have I seen that . No chef or restaurant w any pride would serve that. My son said "Dad, you aren't gonna eat that, are ya?" I said "Yea, I want to see if they offer to remove it or have the guys to charge for this!" Well, the waitress asked how the soup was and I said "20% of it was charcoal-burned black and the other 80% was pretty darn good!" She sneered and did not offer any apology. Ok, my son had a Reuben sandwich- the bread was not just brown bread- they burned it to black. The fish baskets were fine. Maybe "Satan-of-the-Kitchen" (kidding again) did not get to the fish! Yea, no apology, nothing. I just paid the bill and vowed to never go near the place again. I would discuss the interesting decor of the partial view of the lake/waterfront, but for me, that is completely inconsequential, given the aforementioned.
I am typically a very positive reviewer overall on places, offering the "benefit of the doubt" if you look at all of my scores.
There ARE some very nice restaurants in Marquette. One is just up the street (Chop House) which has fine food, service and a view. Again, maybe we were unlucky enough to be at Vierling when we were. I guess...go and check for yourself. Just peer through the kitchen before you sit down, and see if the chef if wearing red , and stirring w a pitchfork. (Ha !)

Grand Haven, Michigan
“Whitefish!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Although my partner and I aren't big craft beer fans, family members we were with are - which is how we ended up here. They said the beer was good! I had the whitefish chowder and it was delicious! Also had whitefish with crab for dinner - great! Very likely to return!