“Had a great time in this authentic Michigan pub”

Vierling Restaurant and Marquette Harbor Brewery
Ranked #5 of 118 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Fun ambience, good service and great beer are here. Food offerings are regional and delicious. Had a pleasant late night "grazing" meal with beer tasting sampler.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you like Whitefish and Craft Beers, then the Vierling is your place. They have a double IPA that is very good. The Whitefish is served with soup or salad, potatoes and vegetables. The bar is friendly and it is a good place if you are in town on business and are looking for a local spot.

2  Thank Don C
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to this place every time I come to marquette for the last 15 years, when I am by myself or with a date I have always had good food, good beer and service, today we stopped in for dinner with my girlfriend's 3 kids, 2 teenagers and a 10 year old, there were open tables and no one waiting, we were told it would be a 2 hour wait....it makes me want the hundreds of dollars I spent there over the year's back...just put a sign up that says no kids. ...

1  Thank Fedman
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Vierlings the last time we were in Marquette four years ago for lunch and enjoyed our food and I remember really enjoying the Blueberry Wheat beer they brew. On our most recent visit, I once again enjoyed the blueberry wheat as well as the peach. Light, fruity without being overpowering. The perfect beer for a hot, summer day.

Their menu is quite extensive but it took me all of a minute to see the beet and goat cheese salad listing and I knew what I was ordering. I was not disappointed. The homemade tarragon dressing was also delicious. Everyone in my party were also satisfied with their orders.

Before we left, we checked out the bar area near the restrooms and enjoyed looking at the various maps of Marquette on the wall to see how it used to look well over a hundred years ago. I didn't find all of the nicknacks on the wall distracting but fun to look at.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I wasn't super thrilled with this place... the beer was not nearly as good as the other breweries in Marquette.