“Marquette Parade Rep Was A Shame!”

Jilbert's Dairy Farm
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Marquette
Marquette, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Marquette Parade Rep Was A Shame!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

During the Marquette parade, a lot of companies were throwing candy and handing out bracelets and other kinds of products with their names and/or slogans on the articles. Well, towards the end of the parade, I was getting a bit more brave to ask for a couple of things from the companies. I was watching JILBERT'S DAIRY as it was coming down the parade line. You know, the MILK company with the huge cow and the slogan GOT MILK. There was a man and two women on the side of the street I was on. They were throwing black things into the crowd along with candy. As they were walking past our group I asked the man what the black thing was that he was throwing, as it looked like an umbrella. He looked at me and did not answer but kept throwing them into the crowd by the three's and four's. Again I asked him what they were, he then displayed his chest, which written on a black t-shirt was the slogan was GOT MILK as he replied "T-shirts". I asked him if I could have one, and he looked at me like I was crazy as he continued to grab three to four at a time and throw them out into the crowd as did the two women and the three other people on the other side of the vehicle. After he ignored me twice I just gave up meekishly. My husband said he watched the exchange between the JILBERT'S DAIRY man and me. Apparently just after I asked this JILBERT'S DAIRY man for a t-shirt, another man from the crowd asked this same JILBERT'S DAIRY man, twice, if he could have a t-shirt, and the JILBERT'S DAIRY man looked at him and very sarcastically told him "NO" while he kept throwing them out into the crowd. If that's not a kick in the face to two potential, if not, a whole lot more, customers for JILBERT'S DAIRY, then I don't know what is. I DO know this, I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER BUY ANOTHER JILBERT'S DAIRY PRODUCT EVER AGAIN. I know it won't be easy as I love their chip dip and several other products. Their ice cream is/was a daily treat, but to have this man treat two people so indecent was so wrong. I sincerely hope this status update does eventually get the attention of the JILBERT'S DAIRY COMPANY and that whoever that man was gets reprimanded somehow. Shame on him. — feeling annoyed.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Evelyn E

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice, but not super”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Ice cream good, but nothing special in my view. Might be more fun if there was more activity at the time, but will still be average ice cream

2 Thank jpadc
Missouri
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Super Good!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I highly recommend trying their mint chocolate chip ice cream. I'm sure all the flavors are wonderful as well. It's a scoop of creamy deliciousness.

Visited May 2012
Detroit, MI
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Old fashioned good ice cream!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We love to stop by here when we are in town! The ice cream, not to mention their milk, is great. You can find their brand all over town but it's fun to come here for an ice cream cone. If you are lucky, they have some of the milk production line going - a fun thing for kids. If the weather is good, there a larger than life plastic? cow outside where they have picnic benches - great photo opportunity! Worth the visit.

Visited August 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The Best”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Our family feels this is the BEST ice cream. Our 20 yr old daughter feels this is the only place in town to get hand dipped cones.

Visited September 2012