“Very Nice, Close to City”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'm going to start out by saying this is a nice quiet relaxing place to stay and I am rating this based on my personal experience here, not based on quality of the hotel. Very convenient location off of US-41 with easy access to Marquette. very nice pool and fitness room as well. I didn't give this 5 stars for a few reasons. The breakfast room was set up very nice however there was little variety as far as hot breakfast. The breakfast at this hotel was not what I expected considering what is advertised on the main Country Inn & Suites website, the only options were either eggs or potatoes for hot breakfast. Another thing - the bed sheets in our room were not large enough for the bed, as they kept coming undone with two people in the bed. The final day I was here the internet had stopped working for an unknown reason. However verything else about this hotel was really nice and I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RyanL10
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write regarding your recent stay! I'm so glad you experienced a nice quiet room and enjoyed the use of our pool and fitness room. Thank you for letting us know about the sheet issue you encountered; our housekeepers quickly retire any sheets that have lost their elasticity. I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our complimentary deluxe breakfast. We offer a different hot entree item each day, in addition to the daily make-your-own waffles, hot & cold cereals, yogurt parfaits, and pastry items. We look forward to hosting you again and offering an excellent home-away-from-home during the course of your travels.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed twice at this hotel and enjoyed both of my stays. Rooms are quiet, the staff was very helpful. Great breakfast. Next door is Buffalo Wild Wings, so no extra driving. The beds are very comfortable. The only reason I did not give this hotel a excellent rating is I did have a cleaning issue that I addressed with the manager. He was very helpful and wanted to make things right. I appreciated his help and I will stay here again.

1  Thank mrtire1
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor about your recent experience! We are so pleased you enjoyed a quiet room while taking advantage of our deluxe breakfast and convenient location to BWW. I'm sorry for the cleaning issue you encountered, and am happy to hear we were able to make it right for you. We appreciate the honor of your repeat business and the opportunity to give you a completely excellent stay on your next visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites in Marquette, MI on several occasions. This last time was, as always, a very pleasant experience. The front desk person who's name is Jae was so helpful in finding a room that was quiet and away from the highway. All the employees that we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. We recommend this hotel and will stay again. The room was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for providing a review on your recent stay! It is so rewarding to hear that we have earned your repeat business and have continually met your expectations. Our staff takes great pride in providing an excellent home away from home experience, and I will share your encouraging words with them and Jae specifically. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is new, spotless, and the staff was very friendly. Good location (easy to find). Next door to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (good if you don't want to drive another inch to get your dinner). Bed very comfy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. I'm so pleased we were able to provide the "perfect hotel experience" for you as you mentioned. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you this way!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had a nice big room- we were on the back side of the hotel and it was nice and quiet. Bed was very comfy, Breakfast was great! Plenty of choices and everything attended to by staff and replenished. Kudos for having real plates,cups and silverware!! I can't tell you how welcoming that is after many days on the road. The eggs and sausage were prepared well and tasty- real hot oatmeal- not from a packet. The usual waffle machine.
Desk staff was very friendly and called our room after check in to make sure our room was in order. Little things like that really do matter.

Room Tip: the road out front is a busy one..maybe ask for a room on the back. No view but quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I'm happy to hear you took advantage of our complimentary Be Our Guest breakfast and enjoyed the menu items and dishware. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Very clean rooms and a very clean hotel. Great staff...hot breakfast that has a wonderful attendant and just a great hotel in Marquette. I wouldn't think twice about using this facility again.
We don't use The Country Inn and Suites chain very often, but this one was exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

How kind of you to take your time to review your recent stay! We're so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and found it to be exceptional. I will pass your compliments on to our breakfast attendant, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed in Marquette, MI a number of times over the past two years and I have found this property to be a very good option. One of the nice things about Marquette is that you have a broad range of hotel options in terms of location, price, etc.

If you want a nice clean room for a fair price this is a fine choice. The staff is helpful, the breakfast is tasty and the rooms have all the nice amenities that one would like.

The only negatives are that the decor and art/pictures ( which I assume are dictated by headquaters) and the views do not give any hint that you are in one of the most majestic areas in the US .......my only other minor complaint is that one must get back into the car to enjoy the waterfront and downtown area. Taking a nice quiet walk right from your hotel is not an option.

Overall, I have enjoyed my stays at this hotel. This town offers a range of options and the Landmark Hotel and the new Hampton Inn in town are good choices that I have stayed at also.This hotel is often at a more reasonable price but the tradeoff is that the location is not as enjoyable.

After a long drive you can be sure that you will have a clean and comfortable room if you stay here,

Room Tip: this hotel is on a busy road.....I always request to be in a room facing the back and away from the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CountryInnMarquette, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marquette, MI, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and comment on your recent stay in one of the most majestic areas in the US! Yes, we are fortunate to be located just a few miles from Lake Superior and the many breathtaking views Marquette affords! The next time you're in the mood for a walk, our staff would be happy to give you directions to Marquette's bike path which connects just off our back parking lot for a great outdoor option. I'm glad you enjoyed our deluxe hot breakfast and fantastic room amenities. We look forward to the next time you return!