“Nutball or sculpture genious”

Lakenenland Sculpture Park
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Marquette
Marquette, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nutball or sculpture genious”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Free or with a voluntary donation.
Lots of crazy metal sculptures in the woods that you can walk or drive by, so anyone young or old can visit

Visited September 2012

Allen, Michigan
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A definite must-see”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I admit I was a bit skeptical about this when my friends were raving about it, but they told me I needed to see it. When I pulled in I was blown away at the sculptures in the park. Very nice throughout and I will be glad to stop back through to see the new additions.

1 Thank Ken_T_allenite
Marquette, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nothing Like It!! A Must See!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Can't say enough good things about Lakenenland. Great for people of all ages. Visitor friendly. A unique Outdoor Art Sculpture Park that is fun to visit in every season. Even though I live in the area, everytime I go to the Park there is something new added. It is a great cross-country ski venture. We take all our visitors there and it is always on their itinerary upon return trips!

2 Thank Deb S
Lafayette, Louisiana
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Free, entertaining art!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This "junkyard art" sculpture park is entertaining, funny, and makes you wonder how they came up with their ideas! They are constantly adding new sculptures. It's open in winter, so you can snowmobile through it (and they have hot drinks, snacks, and a campfire so you can warm up before/after). There's no admission fee, though there's a place you can leave donations (and rightly so!).

Visited December 2011
1 Thank batty87
South Bend, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The aliens have landed in the UP”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The giant tyrannosaurus holding a fish caught our eye as we were heading from Munising to Marquette and I said to my wife "Let's stop on the way back and take a picture." What a surprise when we found there was a whole collection of these creative sculptures scattered throughout the trees. I can't add much to what others have already said other than I highly recommend you stop by if you are in the area. There is a surprise around every corner.

1 Thank finlanderfromfulton