“Nothing Like It!! A Must See!!”

Lakenenland Sculpture Park
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Marquette
Marquette, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nothing Like It!! A Must See!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Can't say enough good things about Lakenenland. Great for people of all ages. Visitor friendly. A unique Outdoor Art Sculpture Park that is fun to visit in every season. Even though I live in the area, everytime I go to the Park there is something new added. It is a great cross-country ski venture. We take all our visitors there and it is always on their itinerary upon return trips!

2 Thank Deb S

Lafayette, Louisiana
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Free, entertaining art!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This "junkyard art" sculpture park is entertaining, funny, and makes you wonder how they came up with their ideas! They are constantly adding new sculptures. It's open in winter, so you can snowmobile through it (and they have hot drinks, snacks, and a campfire so you can warm up before/after). There's no admission fee, though there's a place you can leave donations (and rightly so!).

Visited December 2011
1 Thank batty87
South Bend, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The aliens have landed in the UP”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The giant tyrannosaurus holding a fish caught our eye as we were heading from Munising to Marquette and I said to my wife "Let's stop on the way back and take a picture." What a surprise when we found there was a whole collection of these creative sculptures scattered throughout the trees. I can't add much to what others have already said other than I highly recommend you stop by if you are in the area. There is a surprise around every corner.

1 Thank finlanderfromfulton
Leelanau County, Michigan
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Perhaps better than I've indicated”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The 60+ pieces are a mix of whimsical, funny, patriotic, and political. Less "polished" than I anticipated (therefore, my rating) BUT I'd be willing to bet that younger children will really enjoy most of the pieces. Just take your time, to allow your children, and yourself, to fully embrace the art, and to share a laugh or three.

1 Thank birchpointmich
Rosemount, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Quirky and fun”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This park is filled with interactive metal sculptures that can be seen by foot or by car. The sculptures are situated along a winding path that is filled with surprises around each bend, and you can see peaks of what is to come through the trees. There is enough here to keep kids entertained and adults amused for hours. Best of all - it's free! However, visitors are able to leave a donation if they wish.

Visited September 2012