All reviews private balcony lake superior mom and pop this is my go to place accept pets coffee pot and microwave view of the lake upstairs room non chain continental breakfast picnic tables future trips boiled eggs road noise shower head blueberries pleasant stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2019

We stayed at the Birchmont recently. As other reviewers have stated, this is a basic motel, no frills but overall was clean and comfortable. The staff (especially housekeeping) were very good. We did not book here expecting high-end accommodations as they are not. However, our suite served our needs well. A few things that I wished that I knew prior to checking in to bring:
A roll of paper towels. Being that our space had a kitchenette, I assumed that there would be paper towels. I couldn't find any, and you don't realize how much you use these until you don't have a roll.
Body lotion, shampoo & conditioner. These were not provided daily with housekeeping. There apparently is a limited amount of personal items available in the office. However, recommend that you just bring your own. There is plenty of body/face soap provided.
As others have stated, there is a great deal of traffic on US 41/28 in front of the motel; however, our air conditioner in the unit blocked a lot of the sound, especially at night. Didn't have trouble resting.
A coat of paint would go a long way in enhancing the look of trim work and stairs/decking. The breakfast is very limited, but a few fast food chains are not very far away and there is a bakery about 2 miles down the road that is good. In all, we'd certainly stay here again. The wonderful view of Lake Superior is hard to beat.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 18, 2019

we have been here two summers now and we love it! the kitchenettes are great, we don’t have to constantly be eating out, the kid loves the pool, everything is SO clean and everyone super friendly and helpful. such a breath of fresh air to stay somewhere fun that is so reasonably priced!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Kitchenette is outdated. Scared to even turn the stove on. Bathrooms are not up to date. You can hear what everyone is doing in the rooms around you. Spend your money elsewhere. The manager is a nasty and money hungry. Yes the view is great. But it's a lousy dump!!! Spend a few extra dollars and ger yourself something nicer then this place!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2019

We stayed last week at the Birchmont for 5 days. Loved our stay! The owners and staff were so friendly and nice. While its not as modern as what most are used to, the older charm of the room and resort were just what we needed for our stay. The view is spectacular. Road between water and motel, but never an issue. Pool was warm and inviting. Kitchenette was great to have in room.
Even the small continental breakfast offered in the office was perfect on days we needed something quick. We would not hesitate to come back and stay here. All said, it was perfect for my husband and I, our two teens and furbaby. Came home relaxed and happy. If looking for fancy and high end, don't recomment. But if looking for friendly, clean, laidback and relaxing...highly recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed June 25, 2019

This will forever be my go to the rooms are clean comfy and the breakfast is amazing nothing but positive things to say about this motel there's also grills available picnic tables a pool vending everything you can think of in double bedrooms there's coffee pots fridges silverware plates glasses so I really don't know anymore I could add other than phenomenal service and the managers and housekeeping are very helpful and experienced in this business.

Trip type: Traveled solo