“Great Stay”
Review of Birchmont Motel

Birchmont Motel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The girl at the front desk gave us directions to get around in the area and told us what we should do/see. Our room was on the second floor, overlooking the lake. It was clean and even had a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, and stove. The place is nothing fancy but definitely a great stay for the price!!! The location is great as well, just outside of Marquette!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Travelgirl189

Reviewed September 2, 2013

we had a nice stay but too many steps...the owner is really nice but the other couple are over bearing especially the male part. rooms are cramped for the price but the room service girl is great. nice on both days we were there. nice view...one thing the couple told a blantant lie to another customer about us and we will not be back due to that. I almost called but decided it wasn't worth my bp going up.

1  Thank swimforlife
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had made a reservation for one night, but had to cancel the night before due to my daughter not being able to get the day off work. Out of common courtesy, I called to cancel but still expected to be charged for the room because of the late notice and because it's their policy. To my surprise, I was told they would not charge me. Very much appreciated - thank you.

2  Thank jburms5
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Upon leaving at 6:30, could not get internet, Climbed stairs to office, only to find they sleep till 7:30am. Woke them up, office mgr "has no internet either". Mgr then gave me road directions, but I never found that road. The bed and linens were nice.

Room Tip: Stairs only/no elevator
1  Thank FloridaFred25
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Customer service was great, however the price of the room was NOT $56 like it states on here. It was over $100! The room was musty smelling & a little dated; could use a little remodeling with the high cost of lodging!

• Stayed: August 2013
Birchmontmotel2012, Owner at Birchmont Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send a review. It has been a busy summer and now that it is slower I have time to respond and let you know we always value your feedback. Room renovations are on the way! Last year rooms and the exterior were painted and this year we start our remodeling. Although many of our long time returning guests do not necessarily want the modernization we have to accommodate the new-to-us travelers as well. If you are looking for a bargin I can let you know that our prices are lowest right after Labor Day and again in the spring from May to mid-June. This year the season ends October 27 and we open up again on May1.
Happy Travels,
Jill Malin

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had a great night at Birchmont after 4 days on the trail in Pictured Rocks. The hotel was very dog friendly and the staff were so friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend this as an economical, convenient and dog friend hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelerE5856ZI
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice location was able to get right on on bike trail.I got a single room with a full bed.Which was find for me .Sleep well no noise right by stairs. It was clean .It could use a update in bath room.Check - in went well lady was real nice.When I called to room nice lady.

• Stayed: August 2013