“Awesome German food”

Ranked #9 of 116 Restaurants in Marquette
Cuisines: American, European, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally cultivated, internationally inspired. Sink your taste buds into our German and European menu, showcasing seasonal produce by local farmers. Whether it's for brunch or our evening four-course dinner, our menus are printed daily to reflect only the freshest ingredients and made-from-scratch recipes. Wash it all down with one of our 50+ bottled beers, house-made cocktails or wine selections.
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome German food”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Traveled with my German colleague to Marquette and stumbled upon the Steinhaus to his delight. We had good beer (I the raspberry, he one of the IPAs) and great food. The sauerbraten (sp?) was amazing. I practically licked my plate clean. The soft pretzl appetizer was yummy as well.

Quaint restaurant, not very big so make reservations if you can.

Visited May 2014

Marquette, Michigan
“Lunch was very nice, tasty.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Looking at TA for Marquette restaurants is tricky with a lot of take-out places, bakeries, food truck, etc, cluttering-up the ratings, but Das Steinhouse is a REAL sit down restaurant and we were favorably impressed on our first visit on 4-11-2014 for lunch. They were serving a potato-leek soup that was very delicious and hearty. I had a Reuben sandwich and my partner tried the Chacouterie plate--both were excellent and very substantial. All of this was supplemented by a nice stein of Weihensteffaner Lager beer, which was also very wonderful. We look forward to trying Das Steinhouse for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
Manistique, Michigan
“we checked it out......”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to checking out Das Steinhaus - finally had a day off that they were opened so we took a ride ( we live about an hour a way) only to be disappointed we arrived approx. 4.30 and left around 5.15 we was the only ones there and our service was poor the employees were to busy huddled and chatting. The music was to loud and it wasn't German music.. maybe Euro, stuff you would hear on the radio. Prices high, food average.the spaetzle was good..... the pretzel was not.. doughy, I could tell that it was homemade, in order to cook/bake it correctly they have to be shaped like a pretzel. ( they were knots) had to wait approx.15 min. for our check once we were done with our food because of all the visiting going on with staff. We only ordered sides to try out some of the food because the dinners were out of our range. We left disappointed and chose a different restaurant to have our dinner.

• Visited April 2014
Marquette, Michigan, United States
“Hands down, best of Marquette”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

"German" is not a cuisine ethnicity you'd typically think of for this region, but maybe that's about to change. Small shop open for lunch and dinner only, but the menus are well designed and executed to spin your hat around. Nice selection of wurst and house-made breads at lunch with a really elegant charcuterie sampler, red cabbage to write home about and two really notable mustards. Take time to check out both the beer list above the bar and the bottle cooler by the back door -- somebody thought the assortment through. Although she was the only waitress on duty the day of this visit, waitress took the time to answer our questions fully. Come here to focus on the food. Some street parking, but park in the city ramp off the alley just uphill from the store. Strongly recommended!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank John F
Marquette, MI
“Cozy & wonderful German food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a welcome addition to Marquette. I have been twice now. The atmosphere is what I call "cozy" and I like that. They do not take reservations and the place is small, so be prepared for that if you have a group going for dinner. Good beer and wine selection (they use Everyday Wines!), service is friendly and a little funky, but I like that. The food is exciting for this area! They change their menu, which means they are seasonal and use local ingredients as they can. Their pretzel rolls are delicious, the wurst selection good (I had a venison wurst with a tasty mushroom sauce - outstanding). They have a unique and exciting salad for $3! The Jaegar schnitzel is good, as is the quail, sauerkraut, beets & cabbage. Highly recommend you try. It may bit be for everyone, but it is creative and I like that.

Visited January 2014