“Nice find”
Review of Sweet Water Cafe - CLOSED

Sweet Water Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sweet Water Cafe is a natural foods restaurant, cafe, bakery, and bar in beautiful Marquette, Michigan serving good food made from scratch using whole, natural, organic, and local ingredients. The philosophy of real food extends to everything on our menu. We select and purchase ingredients that are nearest their natural state; fresh, wholesome and full of nutrients. We then use these ingredients to make our menu, including breads, soups, sauces, entrees, dressings, desserts and cookies from our own recipes. No synthetically hydrogenated fats, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives are ever used in our cooking. The Cafe's staff of chefs, bakers, servers, cleaners and service managers take pride in carrying on the tradition of making good food from scratch, using natural, organic and local ingredients as much as possible. You will find traditional and alternative food and drink. Our recipes and cooking techniques are derived from the diversity of Earth's cultures. Our style of "multicultural cuisine" represents a living art because it borrows from, rather than replicates, traditional ethnic cuisines. It is our mission to provide a broad spectrum of quality, freshly-prepared meals served quickly and professionally in a clean and smoke-free environment.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Healthier choice for breakfast. I had the oatmeal and my husband had eggs. We ate there 2 days in a row while visiting Marquette. Only downside to us was that they open at 8AM. We prefer to start our day earlier than that so 7AM would be better for breakfast.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We were so pleased to stumble across the Sweet Water Cafe during our recent vacation in Michigan. We enjoyed the breakfast so much on the first visit, we returned the next day. Home made winter grain cereal (even delicious in the summer!) fresh squeezed fruit juice, and French toast made with house made cinnamon raisin bread made this a treat during our trip. Not your ordinary breakfast stop.

Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I came here recently on our vacation & it was great. We had breakfast on the day we were there & the food was very good with large portions. Everything seemed to be made fresh & the strawberry jam on the table was delicious over my toast. Our waitress was very nice and accomodating. We had some good food at a good price & were pleased with our experience. Would recommend to anyone. They serve all types of food, but we happened to have breakfast the day we were there...

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My friend took me to Sweet Water Cafe for breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised by this place. There were a lot of choices with all fresh food. I look forward to another trip to Marquette so I can eat there again.

1  Thank Rules_17
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Urban Spoon gave Sweet Water really high marks for breakfast, so I decided to check it out for myself. The food is locally sourced and homemade. Everything I ate was delicious, but the bill soured my enjoyment to a degree. Over $4.00 for a glass of orange juice and $5.50 for a small cup of fruit is crazy expensive - and I'm used to paying inflated food prices in Minneapolis.

I did return the next morning for breakfast because the food was good (and very little seems to be open on Sundays in Marquette). I just wish the prices were a bit lower. If so, I would be raving about this place.