“Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midwest
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great new property, built in 2012, nice view of Lake Superior on that side of hotel. Walter greeted at check-in & was able to upgrade to lakeview room. He and other staff were very friendly & helpful, including breakfast staff and housekeeping. Had a 2 queen room. Complimentary breakfast included a nice variety of hot & cold items, also with great view of the lake. Coffee provided all day, and cookies near the elevator during p.m. hours.
Could hear some muffled noise from rooms next door & in hallway at times. Would definitely stay here again, great job by all!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I’m Reed Benton, General Manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay. I’m glad you were able to utilize so many of our fantastic amenities and our well appointed rooms. Your thoughtful comments will be shared with our entire staff.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. I hope you come back for another visit.

Warm Regards,
Reed Benton and the entire Hampton Inn Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
antioch, illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Amazing and lovely views from our window! I was a bit apprehensive when I learned our hosts had put us up in a Hampton Inn for my husband's speaking engagement....but everything our hosts had lined up had been top notch so I shouldn't have worried, but, I've stayed in my share of Hamptons and figured it would be same old same old--was I delightfully surprised and wrong!
Wonderful staff, clean rooms, large bathrooms, power outlets everywhere if you are a gadget but like me, and tv had a bajillion channels!

Breakfast was solid---something to eat for everyone. My only criticism would be the coffee. Mae found it subpar. Marquette's water is so tasty--I know--weird comment--but for one who has travelled extensively it is something I think about and file away. Because of all the attention to detail of the hotel I assumed the coffee would also be amazing...it was tolerable at best. But, don't let that be a deal breaker.

I bet this place is a wonderful respite in the summer! Looking forward to another visit here!

Room Tip: Room 1100 has the nicest view! And additional entrance at this end of the hall!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I’m Reed Benton, general manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. I’m glad you were able to utilize so many of our incredible amenities. Our “power cubes” have been a huge hit with our guests along with our bazillion channels. Stay tuned as we are expecting onscreen menus from our cable provider in the very near future. This will make our bazillion channels easier to navigate. Again thank you for posting your review.

Hope to see you soon!

Reed and your friends at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

When you're on the road as much as I am, you tend to question a "budget-minded" hotel of a major chain, even when it's a tad pricey. Was my initial apprehension off-base!

From the waterfront view of Lake Superior (albeit frozen) to the gazillion TV channels (so very happy with the huge selection) to the fact that breakfast was served until 11 a.m. on a Saturday, I was thrilled.

The room was spotless -- nice little "post-it-notes" reminding me that the duvets were washed daily; the sparkling bathroom and a shower with great water pressure; and did I mention that it had a gazillion TV channels? As a woman traveler, I am SO tired of 20 channels of ESPN in hotel rooms....the Hampton even had Turner Classic Movies.

The front desk staff was top-notch. Denise on Saturday morning was lovely (just how many glasses of ice could she fetch for me?) and the desk staff on our check-in was equally friendly and helpful.

Would love to visit in the summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I’m Reed Benton, general manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you so very much for your fantastic review. I am glad you were able to utilize so many of our fantastic amenities. Our 150+ channel selection with HD channels certainly has something for everyone. Our housekeeping staff works extremely hard at keeping our beautiful hotel spotless. All their hard work has made us one of the cleanest Hampton’s in the entire chain! Again thank you very much for your feedback! Your thoughtful comments will be shared with our entire staff.

We look forward to your return.
Your Friends at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best Hotel in Marquette, excellent location, wonderful breakfast, good workout room, clean rooms, excellent bedding . Will stay here again. Excellent Staff. Can't wait to come again. Keep up the excellent service, and really enjoyed the warm cookies.

Room Tip: Get lake view if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 599Margie
I’m Reed Benton, general manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I am delighted that you think we are the nicest hotel in Marquette! Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and it certainly shows. I agree the freshly baked cookies certainly are a fantastic treat. Again thank you for your positive review and we look forward to your return.

Your Friends at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Opened in July 2012, this place is pristine, rooms are great. My room was a waterfront view. Good breakfast, workout room is nicer than most gyms. Pool and spa are saltwater, I tried it, and loved it. Stayed there for three nights, very close to a few great restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I’m Reed Benton, general manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. We are thrilled that you think we are one of the nicest hotels you've stayed at. It’s great that you were able to enjoy so many of our fantastic amenities and our well appointed rooms. Your thoughtful comments will be shared with our entire staff.

Warm Regards,
Reed Benton and the entire Hampton Inn Team.
Norway
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Enjoyed a stay at the Hampton Inn Waterfront a couple of weeks ago as I was in town for a conference in the "Queen City." The hotel is brand new, and is in a word AMAZING. The desk clerk was very efficient and friendly, the room was over the top. I got into town late, so just took a walk to the lower level to check out the pool/fitness area. Folks who would enjoy these ammenities will be thrilled. The bed was as comfortable as mine king at home, room temp was perpect, and once nice weather hits, I can just imagine the view patrons will have on the waterfrom side. The coomplimentary breakfast was more like a buffest - very impressive, The room rate I saw was about $140.00, and I usually go for something more budget minded, but if I'd been able to enjoy a full 24 hours there, it would be well worth the price. This property is the real deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gfunkgfunk63
I’m Reed Benton, general manager at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. Thank you for your positive feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to the “Queen City”. It’s our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service in a clean comfortable setting.

Hope to see you soon!
Reed and your friends at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront.
Wixom, Michigan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our daughter is a student at NMU so we have had an opportunity to visit Marquette often and stay at a number of hotels. We booked for the dog sled races and found everything about our stay wonderful. Staff was friendly, facility was clean and the lake view beautiful. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank zoonoose
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I’m Reed, General Manger at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront. Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our community for a few days and especially the UP 200 that went right by the hotel! I’ll be sure to share your thoughtful comments with our entire staff. We look forward to your return.

Many thanks,
Reed and the entire team at the Hampton Inn Marquette Waterfront.