Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront
$137
Country Inn
$90
Comfort Suites Marquette(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$129
ComfortSuites
Landmark Inn(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
My Place Hotel-Marquette, MI(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$109
Days Inn Marquette(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$85
Travelocity
Cedar Motor Inn(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$84
$64
Travelocity
Value Host Motor Inn(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$75
$70
Birchmont Motel(Marquette)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
All reviewslake superiorsalt water poolore docklake viewgreat hotelwarm cookieswalking distance to downtownthe breakfast areabike pathlittle priceylower harborfresh fruitin townfitness centerexcellent stayfront desk staffstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for two nights at the Hampton Inn in Marquette and it was a fantastic experience. I travel often, but this was my first time in Marquette. The hotel was busy, but you would never know it... the staff there made you feel like the ONLY guest. Alyssa was the front desk clerk who went above and beyond to make my little girl feel comfortable. We had a slight problem with the televison and she immediatley took action for my mother's sake. Steve, the bellhop/matainence man was just great, he was able to solve the problem while making everyone feel at ease. Along with the excellent service the hotel was great, within walking distance to area attractions and right on lake superior, which is just beatiful. I will be back and ONLY be stayingat this hotel, because of the staff!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracey_and_Zuma
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. Our staff takes great pride in making sure your stay is a comfortable one. We are delighted to hear that you were able to explore downtown Marquette which is just steps away. Your kind words will be shared with our entire staff (especially Alyssa & Steve). With that said we truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler to Marquette and have been a loyal Country Inn & Suites customer since it opened (here's my review: ). That is, until the Hampton opened. The particular weekend we booked, the Hampton was lower in price than the CI&S, so, we took advantage of it to check it out. (I believe it was NMU's move-in weekend that upped the hotel prices all over town) Wow. It's super nice! One of the best things about it as compared to the CI&S is obviously the view – and the fact that you see that view – whether or not you have a room with a view - while having breakfast or whatever you're doing in the breakfast area (which is an inviting spot all day and night). Another reviewer thought the old ore dock was an eyesore – I strongly disagree. The ore dock is part of Marquette's history and is really neat to see. There's also a huge view of the lake, so, if you don't like the ore dock, there's plenty more to look at. There's an outside patio off the breakfast area – it was a bonus to have the option of sitting inside or out. Also, on the lower level (the breakfast area is above the lower level), there's a nice boardwalk.

The rooms are really nice – clean, fresh, new…as expected. Bathroom has a nice set-up with a lower shelf below the sink to hold hair dryers, etc.. Beds were super comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful – even in the elevator, asked how our day was going. We booked the "historic" view – which is pretty much just the parking lot. Since we stayed there a number of days, we saved a little money, since the lake view was about $30 more a night. It was fine.

Breakfast was decent. I did only have the oatmeal while there, but they did have a lot of other options… eggs, sausage, bacon, all kinds of breads and pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, fruit. Another reviewer complained of the disposable dishes. I don't often see real dishes at these hotel continental breakfasts, so it wasn't something I was missing. They were an eco-friendly type. Good coffee was available around the clock.

Besides the view – it was great to be able to walk into downtown Marquette. Restaurants, stores, a brewery, the lower harbor area, etc. are all just minutes away when walking.

Although I haven't yet stayed at the Landmark, I've stayed at many other places in Marquette, and right now, this is #1 in my book!

Room Tip: "Historic view" is more parking lot than historic buildings. There are poolside rooms - which would makke access to the pool super easy but I would avoid if you like a window in your room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank H0CKEYmom

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront. We are delighted to hear that we are #1 in your book! With that said we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to utilize so many of our fantastic amenities. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible service, in a clean comfortable setting. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

When we planned to come to Marquette in June the Hampton Inn was not open; had it been we would have booked it for our business trip. We checked out of our nice but tired and old hotel after one night to move to the Hampton for a wonderful 3 nights. It is new so of course it is lovely and clean but the location cannot be beat and the staff are so nice and helpful!!!!! My co-workers said it best- we "squealed with delight" when we walked into our rooms.

Perfect for business travelers but also good for families too.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vicki E

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible service. Again thank you for posting a review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a brand new Hilton Hotel. So everything was pristine and spotless.
The rooms are large and airy , with a lovely fitted out bathroom.
We had a room with a view over the lake..

But you should know that the position of this hotel is not in the most scenic of spots.
On one side you have this factory and on the other side is this very large and no longer in operation, very large docks that could be regarded as an interesting sculpture or an eyesore !

The service is very friendly and the reception staff always had a smile on their face.

The only thing that lets this hotel down, is that the breakfast is served on cheap disposable plates.
Its a real pity, as the breakfast is fine, with a nice choice, in a very comfortable setting and you can even sit outside.

Thats the only reason I am not giving this Hotel 5 stars is the paper plates that really does not fit in with the total excellence of this hotel

Room Tip: Try and get a Lake View Room,
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reed B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marquette/Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Thank you for posting a review about you recent stay. I’m sorry to hear about our eco friendly plates. I will personally look in to a possible better option. With that said we do appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed in many hotels and lots of Hampton inns, and this is the best. I have no complaints about this place. Awesome location on the waterfront and short walk to all the bars and restaraunts downtown. The staff was extremely friendly and very accomadating. Best of all the hotel is only a month old so everything is very fresh and clean. This is the third hotel I've stayed in Marquette an it blows all of them out of the water.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DTWFLYER

Thank you for posting such a lovely review. We are very proud of our new hotel and we take great pride in providing the best possible service, in a clean comfortable setting. Your comment will be shared with our entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.