“Fills Up Fast. Good Value”

Settle Inn Marquette
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Scottsdale
“Fills Up Fast. Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms. Former Super 8, next to Jeffrey's Restaurant and Econo-Foods grocery store. They don't raise prices on holidays and event weekends so they fill up fast.

Next to major highway, but road noise not a big problem. Even numbered rooms face highway. Should be quieter in odd numbered rooms if that's an issue.

Wi-Fi fairly good in some rooms, pretty bad in others. Even in the good wi-fi rooms it stalls a lot.

Good shower, but towels could use a little fabric softener. Breakfast had a few more carb options than some, but no eggs or meat. Walk to Jeffrey's for a pretty good breakfast anytime.

Good job on the front desk Jennifer! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the highway, but surprisingly little highway noise.
Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here on our Upper Peninsula vacation because Munising had no available rooms and Marquette was the closest place that had rooms (45 minute drive from Munising). The hotel was older and not what I would have picked but the room was fine, bed comfortable so it was fine for a one night stay. Basic breakfast included. It wasn't the best hotel breakfast but it was ok. Bottom line - I would stay here again if we are ever in Marquette since the price was so good.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
West Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel is in a convenient location on the Western part of Marquette (away from the lake about a mile). Our room was nice sized and the beds were comfortable, as were the pillows. The breakfast is VERY basic (toast, bagels, cream cheese, some fruit, yogurt, no protiens available). The breakfast area is nice sized however and the hotel was clean. It was a very quiet stay. My only complaint is that when I booked the hotel it quoted me a price of 73.99. When I checked out I was charged 99.00. When I asked why the difference, apparently they do not give you their prices online to include double occupancy and therefore charged 25,00 extra dollars for my husband to say. Personally, I found this ridiculous since I booked a double room with two queen beds and I can guaranttee the breakfast was NOT worth 25.00. To make it even more frustrating, the front desk clerk was snooty about it. Beyond that, the stay was fine. Just make sure to READ THE SMALL PRINT per the front desk person!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank amberbg
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

The price-quality ratio for this hotel is very good - especially as we were travelling during summer and other hotels were far more expensive. The room was clean, service was nice and helpful. Breakfast fast basic and good. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My whole family was staying at this location for my nieces wedding, so we had a total of 5 rooms. We had booked this hotel because it the price was really good, especially for Marquette in the summer time. The front staff was great and was able to get all of us on the 1st floor in the same section and they could accommodate my mother who uses a wheelchair and walker. The free breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of options like waffles and french toast that you could put in a toaster, a whole frig full of yogurt, bagels, danish, cereal etc. It saved us having to spend money on breakfast for our whole family. There was a pool, jacuzzi and sauna which was great for my two kids. They were able to spend hours there killing time in between the wedding festivities. Now the rooms were pretty basic, but they were clean and the beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay there again the next time we are in from California.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank llivrob
Warren, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stumbled across this motel on a trip from the Detroit area to Minneapolis for the 2014 MLB All Star Game. It was a work trip and I was in a dually pickup hauling a 40' trailer.

First things first - there was plenty of room to park the truck and trailer. Those with big RV's looking for a place to stay overnight this is the motel for you as there is plenty of parking for large vehicles.

While there is lots of water nearby there is no view so if a view room is important to you look elsewhere.

My room was on the second floor and it was clean and fresh smelling. The rest of the property was well maintained and clean. There were plenty of "right size" towels. The breakfast wasn't fancy but it was all I needed before heading out on the road. All the staff I ran across were friendly.

As a walk-in I ended up with a rate of a little over $50/night which I feel is a bargain for what you get.

There is a restaurant next door although by the time I rolled into town on a Wed evening they were already closed.

This Settle In is not a Hilton, Courtyard or DoubleTree but it is definitely rates a five-star rating in its price range. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you don't want to climb stairs go for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Troy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The price was right, and it was clean. To get to the second floor stairs (no elevator) you had to go through the laundry room, through another door, and around the corner to the stairs...very awkward. The upstairs hallway had a funky smell but the rooms smelled ok. Nothing special but a basic room. I rated this a 3 since I couldn't give it a 3.5 or 3.75.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo