“Clean, Comfortable & Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Settle Inn Marquette
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
London, England
“Clean, Comfortable & Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was here for a one night stopover en route across the Upper Peninsular and I was pleased with my choice. A Friendly greeting, clean, comfortable room and a peaceful nights sleep. Who could ask for more. Adequate continental breakfast and restaurants close at hand for an evening meal.
I'd definitely use again if in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oxford, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night with no complaints. Clean. Nice pool area. The refrigerator in the room was a nice touch. Restaurant and grocery store within walking distance. I didn't go to the restaurant but members of my group said it was good. Would stay here again if passing through Marquette.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ransonju
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff was extremely friendly. The location is great for the price we paid. Marquette sits right on Lake Superior, but there is no view of the lake from this location. We were at this hotel on a very busy weekend and had to deal with people running up and down the halls and a barking dog directly across the hall from us. Manangement did what they could for the barking dog noise. We eventually checked out early to get away from the chaos. The room was clean, the hallways could have used some work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Perfect for an overnight stay. Breakfast very continental you will want to suplement it. Grocery store with a great cold beer selection in walking distance. Bathroom made me remember air freshner should always be in my travel kit.

• Stayed July 2012
Hurley, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 in Marquette MI for a business seminar and I was a bit disappointed. First, I went to check in and when I got to my room the key did not work. I was at the farthest end of the motel but walked back to the front desk and found the desk clerk busy text messaging and not really to concerned about my problem. I really hate that when people are texting when they are supposed to be working...

After getting into my room, I found that the A/C did not work nor did the TV remote. I left for dinner and met someone at the room. They gave me a new remote and no one ever came back to work on the A/C or even to work on it. Not even a phone call...

I opened the window and the traffic is very loud on the north side of the motel but I just decided to deal with it. I then went to find an outlet for my laptop, DS, I-pod, and cell phone. Believe it or not, I could only find one outlet in the entire room. What would have happened if I would have been traveling with my family and had many more things to plug in???

I went out for a bit and once again came back and the room key would not work (when I say room key, I mean credit card entry device). Now I was a bit irritated because I had to make another hike and get yet another key...

The room as ok and clean but the bathroom sink would only fit toiletries for one person and I am not kidding. I am a guy and I had a hard time finding places for my few things. If my wife would have been along, we would have been looking for a new motel...

The TV was one of the old, huge TV's. It worked well but I have been accustomed to the new flat screens and I was a bit disappointed about that as well. The clarity of the tv was terrible but I was really there to work so I did not complain. If I would have my kids with me, we would have been finding another place...

Other than that, things went well. I am not so sure if I would come back again. I may even try my chances with a mom and pop place. I have stayed at some of the before and they have proved to be good for the most part. Just watch what you are looking for...

Room Tip: If you are going to request a room and you want to have your window open, do not stay on the north s...