“Pleasant Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
Wisconsin
“Pleasant Hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

First, the really good parts. I don't know about you, but I really don't like the hotels that have the sink in the living area. It is nice to have the sink in the bathroom. This room had both which was a nice change. Very large room. No elevator to second floor.
Concrete on steps needed repair. No security cameras in halls.
Very nice staff. Breakfast okay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was traveling on a motorcycle in mid-April and was cold and tired. The staff was friendly when I checked in and the room's heater worked well. The staff recommended a good family restaurant up the road which I easily found and the food was good and reasonable. I later went back to my room and found my iPhone out of power and when back to the front desk and borrowed a USB charger. Later I went back to return the charger and asked if he would sell it since I needed one for the rest of my trip. He just gave it to me ... no charge. There is someone nice around every corner if you just let them.

Room Tip: Rooms are back from the road so they are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We make the Econo Lodge Lakeside our destination place when traveling yearly from Ann Arbor to Duluth, Minnesota. I just made reservations for our annual spring stay. (We've been coming here for about 20 years. We've stayed all different seasons) If you have a pet over 30 lbs.(many hotels discriminate against larger dogs even though many have better manners than the little ones) this is the PERFECT location. There is a vacant field next door decent for Frisbee; a great bike/walking trail across the road that runs along the shore of Lake Superior on an old rail bed for miles. We have found the hotel staff to be always friendly and helpful. We have a favorite room that we request but have stayed in others. Some rooms are better than others but I do know that the owners have been upgrading beds, air conditioners, etc. over the last couple of years. The breakfast is never fancy but usually fresh; coffee is always available. You are just east of Marquette but only 2 miles from various restaurants on US28. The view of Lake Superior is marvelous. A good value for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms in the adjoining single story wing have easy access for people with pets or in wheelchairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Rooms were very clean and kept up and staff was very nice. Right out our window is lake superior! Only thing I could say as a can, would be the fact that the beds aren't as nice as mine at home, but I have a very comfortable bed. Also the heater was a little loud, what do you expect for $60. Overall I'm glad we stayed here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I were visiting my family in Marquette for a few days and wanted a hotel that was cheap and convenient, this hotel was perfect for us!! It was close to town and not to mention has an AMAZING view of beautiful Lake Superior. The staff was surprisingly veryy friendly, which you dont see anymore, and accommodated us with whatever we needed, the rooms were clean, a little out dated but nothing too horrible. The breakfast was simple but good. Overall we had a GREAT experience at this hotel!!! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbra A
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed for a week in a room with a balcony. The view was incredible! I called the front desk for extra pillows & a bed cott & they brought it to me very quickly. All of the staff were nice & the food was pretty good. Overall I had a wonderful experience & will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Elerick
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2012

If you are looking for a clean comfortable room with friendly staff (hard to find these days) you HAVE to stop here!!! We were driving through Marquette on our way to Houghton and decided to stop and rest. Desk staff were so polite and accomodating. We woke up to the most beautiful view and a continental breakfast. Was upset we couldn't stay another night. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple