“Delicious, very fresh, excellent service!”
Review of Sai Uwa Thai Bistro - CLOSED

Sai Uwa Thai Bistro
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Have eaten at thai restaurants all over the central part of the U.S. and this is easily in the top 3 if not "the" top. Everything is made in house from scratch with only fresh ingrediants according to our waitress. I have no doubt it is!, the entire meal was delicious and the wait staff friendly and knowledgeable. The owner/cook checked in with us as well. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Delicious meal,spectacular waitress Tania. A must do when in Marquette.Try the mango sticky rice desert and their signature ice tea.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I have spent weeks at a time in Thailand - my point - we have had excellent thai food in the past. We also like Sy Thai in Birmingham, MI alot and several others - use to like Siam Spicey but for whatever reason haven't been there in ages. I'll eat almost everything BUT I AM EXTREMELY PICKY ABOUT the quality of everything I eat. We ordered a carryout and took it back to the Republic Island cabin we were renting and had our fantastic thai meal in serene, beautiful surroundings. The food was crisp, fresh and full of flavor - very surprising to find such great thai food in the U.P. of all places! And as most know, bad thai food is really bad; usually there's no middle of the road with this cuisine! I had an oyster sauce (brown sauce based) chicken dish, my wife had a curry based dish with tofu which was also very good - and it takes a really talented chef to incorporate tofu into a dish and still have it taste acceptable! Kidding. Very fair pricing and fast preparation. Next time in Marquette we'll be sure to dine here!

2  Thank Sheckster12
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It took a minute to find this restaurant, the address says 102 W. Washington but its actually around the corner on Front St, but it was worth the search!! Amazingly unique and great Thai food. I travel a lot and this is the best Thai I've ever had ( including my brief experience in Thailand ).
The setting is small, cozy and warm. Our waitress Tonya was very nice and informative and recommended the new beers; a Thai Lion Lager and Stout. My wife and I have not had either of these and they were very good, maybe the lager more to our liking.
We split an appetizer, Poh Pia Sot,which is similar to a spring roll but much more flavorful.
Soups we had were the Hot and Sour Shrimp Soup, maybe a 9 out of 10, and the Chicken Coconut Milk Soup, definitely a 10! Awesome flavors.
The best though were the entrees. I had the Khanom Jeep, which I had never had and it was a very unique and wonderful taste experience. This is a ground whitefish curry with gachai and pickled greens and other fresh vegetables on the side. This was the best Thai dish I've ever experienced. My wife had the Pad Thai with tofu. Again maybe the best we've ever had.
Our only wish was that we could have had more dishes.
All of the ingredients were fresh and the dishes all made from scratch.
We'll be sure to get here once a year on our annual trip to Marquette.
Tim and Terie

1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I consider this Thai food restaurant so so and a little pricey.