“Not great but not terrible”
Review of Bonanza Steakhouse - CLOSED

Bonanza Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Bonanza always seems to have great buzz so when we joined friends there for a small holiday party, I was a bit excited to try it. I ordered chicken and my husband ordered steak. My chicken was good but for the price I expected there to be more to the breast and side of steamed veggies I got. I could have made that in my own kitchen for far less just as easily. My husband's steak was decent, but not cooked to his specs (medium-rare) and he didn't want to sit around waiting for another steak to be done right while we were all eating so he just ate it as well done, like it had come. I did like the salad bar, but again, for the prices we paid, a good salad bar was not going to make up for alright food. The baker's nook I had heard so much about was stocked with only a few desserts and those looked like they had sat there awhile and weren't too appetizing. All in all, not too impressed, and will probably never go back. I'd rather go across the street to Perkins if I'm paying those kinds of prices.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was there this evening and had a coupon for 1/2 off a meal if you purchased another meal at regular price. My husband and I ordered off the senior menu and he got something to drink and I had water. When I presented the coupon to the cashier she informed me that the coupon could not be used on senior menu items as they were already discounted and that if we used the coupon we each would have to purchase a drink. I asked her where it stated that and she said in the fine print at the bottom. We paid for our food and when I sat down I read the bottom of the coupon and no where did it say senior menu items and you were required to purchase a drink. How many people would know that senior menu items were considered discount items. I was greatly disappointed and think that they should be a little more explicit on their explanation of coupon items. So beware of their advertising.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family and I stop here every time we are in Marquette. The service is very fast and the servers are attentive to your every need. Our drinks were filled often and extra salad bar plates were brought out. Our food arrived before I had finished eating my salad. I had the garlic butter shrimp. They were small but tasty. The place was really busy since it was NMU's graduation but we had no trouble being seated or finding items on the salad bar.

1  Thank K251
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband loves rib eyes and bonanza was the place to go. then they quit serving them. Was he ever disapointed. Now they have brought them back. He is a happy camper once again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We always try to eat here on our visit. The managers always try to make sure you are happy and everything is to your liking.