“Everything about this hotel was excellent, especially Customer service.”
Review of Days Inn Marquette

Days Inn Marquette
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cherry Capital
“Everything about this hotel was excellent, especially Customer service.”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

After a long day of driving, we drove into Marquette, MI hoping for a nice hotel with comfortable beds in a quiet part of the hotel. We always request a nonsmoking room away from the partying vacationers. Seldom, however, are we actually taken seriously and often find ourselves surrounded by noisy travelers. Not this time! Brooke greeted us as we approached the desk, looked us in the eye, smiled, and asked about our trip. After a brief description of our very long day, we requested our usual quiet room. She responded with, "Let me see what I can do. Oh, I have just the room for you!" She took our request very seriously and we were able to rest uninterrupted. The hotel structure (decor, cleanliness, etc) was exceptional, but Brooke's approach to customer service was outstanding. We will most definitely stay there again and we highly recommend it to all weary travelers traveling through the U.P.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Key West
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We traveled to Marquette for knee replacement. I wanted a place that was clean and quiet for the night prior to the surgery. We checked in at 3:00pm and out at 6:00 am. Even though the hotel is right on the highway, we were not disturbed by traffic. The hotel offers a nicely reduced rate for hospital patients, but you do need to produce your admission form for proof. We were given a room on the second floor but there are elevators so that worked fine. The hallways are rather dimly lit. The room was definitelyt on the small side. Almost all the space was occupied with furniture. The room was well furnished with a micro and fridge. The bathroom was among the smallest I have seen. It was clean with plenty of nice towels but I didn't want to spend any extra time lounging. All of the employees with whom I spoke were pleasant and knowledgeable. They gave me the wake up call I requested. We were not there for the breakfast but the space seemed well appointed and adequate.
Check out was quick in the morning. You do need to tell them if you did not use the inroom safe or you will be charged $1.50 for it. The safe fees always annoy me.
I would probably stay there again. It was as pleasant as the day before major surgery can be.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Marquette
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for a night and the room was very clean and large. The pool was very clean and the staff was awazing. They had a very nice breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank oneills93
Ashley,MI
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Well every year go up to the UP to play NMU so take a busload of people with me.
Always use the Days Inn as it is a good location with a restaurant right next door.
Rooms are the usual but are very comfortable and very clean.
Small pool which is well heated although strange location as is directly by the check in desk.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank QPR_4_ever
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My stay at this hotel was a good stay. The staff was friendly, like most people in the UP. It is not really close to too many bars and resturants, but whinin a cab ride of many places. The indoor pool was nice and their is a hot tub. Overall, the stay was enjoyable and worth the price. All say yah to the UP, ah!

• Liked — They let us get drunk in the pool!
  • Disliked — No room service.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank BenTheBear
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2006

This is my first excellent rating that I have given a Hotel...

I got a special "Truckers rate", it was like half price!!! Even though the company pays for my expenses, it was still a nice touch for the front desk girl to look outside to see that I was driving a Flatbed Tow Truck, then give me the appropriate rate, actually the first time in 3 years I have been doing this job that this has happened!

The parking was plentiful, the room was clean and well kept, there are two restaurants right next door to the Hotel, so no need to drive anywhere!

I will definitely make note of this Hotel for the next time I am in that area!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Show up in a big truck & get an awesome deal!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Avistow
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2006

I am currently staying at the Days Inn in Marquette, MI. We have a "suite". It has frige, microwave , couch , 2 queen beds , armoire , and access to a pool, jacuzzi , & sauna . Decent sized room, but nothing to "write home about". We are paying roughly $110 a night.

The room is generally clean, and "so far" the service has been good. There is 2 rest. on either side of the Hotel; Timbercreek Steakhouse & Hudson's 50s style grill.

This facility is as nice as any in the "1 star class". Thumbs up!

3 Thank Swamp_Zombie