“My grandchildlren and I loved it and we're already planning next year.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Marquette

Days Inn Marquette
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Marquette
GreenLeadersBronze level
Illinois City, Illinois
“My grandchildlren and I loved it and we're already planning next year.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was the second year in a row that my grandson and I spent at this Days Inn. This year my granddaughter wanted to come with. They especially loved the pool, breakfast and the play area outside. It's a very clean and friendly place to stay. The front desk was always very pleasant - when we walked by they smiled and said "hi." It was very nice to have fast and efficient check-in and check-out. We had minor problems with the TV but the front desk manager was quick to respond and took care of us. I was also impressed with the person handling the breakfast crowd. She was on top of everything - when something was low or out, she was right there to restock. We will definately be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay. Our "Fort Days" playground and Children's spa (set at a lower temperature) have proven very popular for travelers with children. We pride ourselves a great deal on our staff's friendliness and helpfulness and any guest issues that might arise are our first priority. We're delighted that you've already booked your stay for next year and we look forward to serving you again

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to get out for the night. We found the days in to be very pleaseant. We were in a business king. It had two couches, a wonderful flat screen t.v. and the breakfast was nothing but the best as far as any days inn i've ever stayed at. I highly recomend staying at this extreamily clean establishment if are ever in town. But the best part by far was the employees. They always had a warm smile on there face willing to go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had time to enjoy our pool area and gazebo whirlpool on your stay. Our king rooms also have the added benefit of larger 37" TV's and a sofabed. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to our staff. We take a great deal of pride in the thoroughness of our room attendants and the customer service from all of our staff. We hope you can stay with us again, soon.

MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights while visiting friends. The location was easy-on/easy-off and a straight shot to downtown. Good price, the indoor pool was a welcome place to hang. Walking distance to 2 restaurants. I've come to rely on the predictable comfort and familiarity of Days Inn properties, and this one did not disappoint. Not luxury, but good solid comfort.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank qfe
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We pride ourselves on our consistency here at the Days Inn of Marquette. We were recently honored by Days Inn with our ninth consecutive Chairman's Award for our commitment to quality by the owners, management, and most especially, our staff. Thanks for pointing out that we have two great restaurants right in our parking lot - Hudson's Classic Grill & Bar and Perkins Restaurant & Bakery. All of our guests receive a 10% discount at these terrific establishments just by showing their room keys.
Thank you again for your posting - we hope to serve you again soon.
Genearl Manager
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I spent two nights in one of the Business Place rooms, which was very spacious and comfortable with a king size bed and large sitting area (with sofabed and armchair).
It appears one side of the hotel is the remnants of an older one-story exterior hallway motel as the window and bathroom both appeared to be older motel style. Nonetheless, it was a very nice room. The TV was older and a bit fuzzy, but the staff said they had plans to install new flat screen TVs in the next couple weeks. The swimming pool and very fast wireless internet were great features.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank JD262
Thank you for your kind comments. We greatly appreciate the fact that you mentioned our King Business Place rooms and have taken the time to let others know of your experiences. Did you know that if you are a WyndhamRewards member that you receive a 30 % bonus reward for upgrading to these great rooms? Our new LCD TV's have been installed and these rooms have the extra benefit of the 37" screen and we've also included some great HD programming. It's also nice to see that you were able to make use of our new faster internet speeds. We recently upgraded to a fiber optic supplied signal with download speeds of up to 15mbps and uploads at up to 30 mbps (great if you're ever in town on business).
Thank you again for staying with us - we hope to serve you again, soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

have stayed here many times when i area...always an outstanding stay and hotel personal are always ready to serve in any way..a must stay" whenever in marquette

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikey S
ComfortSuitesGM74, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
We love your headline! It's always great to see comments from guests that have returned over and over to our hotel. We're very proud of our staff here. We'll make sure that they see your posting on Tripadvisor. As you've seen, we are constantly striving to improve our product with constant remodeling over the last few years. We've recently moved to a much higher speed internet service, and in May we'll be making our conversion to 32" and 37" LCD TV's in our rooms. We'll also be expanding our DirecTV lineup to include HD channels and 5 Showtime channels.
Thanks again for your comments. We hope to see you back again soon so you can let us know what you think of our latest moves.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn for two nights in October 2010 and enjoyed our stay. We were able to get a military rate which was not offered by many other hotels in the area for the weekend nights. Even without the discount, the value was very good. My only complaint would be that our room was rather small but we didn't spend much time in it anyway. The front desk service at check in was outstanding. Our request for an upper level room was honored also. The hotel and room were simple but very clean and well-kept. I appreciated the complimentary WIFI as well as complimentary breakfast. This included coffee, juice, milk, breads and muffins, cereal, pastries, yogurt and fruit. The television was a little outdated and there were no on-demand movie choices but movie channels were included. Although we didn't use it, there was a small pool and jacuzzi in the hotel also. The location was very convenient, about two minutes from downtown and conveniently accessible from HWY 41. There is a Perkins restaurant and Hudsons Restaurant within walking distance from the hotel also. We didn't have a pet but saw some staying in the hotel. Overall, we thought the hotel definitely lived up to its value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BrianJensen, General Manager at Days Inn Marquette, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
We are so pleases that you enjoyed your stay with us in October. It is our pleasure to honor any requests that you have as well as to be able to give our fine men and women of the military a discount. We are very proud of our property and the staff for the great job they do in the cleaning and up keep. The convenience of our location and the on property restaurants is why we are a one stop shop! Thank you again for all of your kind comments. Please keep us in mind for your future travel plans.

Regards,

Day Inn
Davison, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have stayed at the Days Inn in Marquette 4 times over the last year. There are many choices and this is the one I always come back to. Once I tried a "cheaper" hotel and was very disappointed. My daughter attends college at Northern Michigan University in Marquette so when I travel there my decision is now easy. The staff could not be nicer or more helpful. One time I left my favorite sandals in the room when I checked out. I called back a few hours later and they had them in a bag waiting for me at the desk. Breakfast is always stocked and tastes great. The only criticism I would have is the rooms with double beds to not have the most comfortable beds. Other than that, I will always stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank bbhlb
I am very happy to read that the Days Inn is your hotel of choice when staying in Marquette. Being a colloege town we understand how important it is for parents to be able to visit and stay at an afforable price. Our staff is always eager to be of assistance whenever possible. Again I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Regards,