“Great place on a cold night”
Review of The Wild Rover - CLOSED

The Wild Rover
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Located in downtown Marquette, MI., The Wild Rover offers a diverse menu with the distinct flavors of authentic Irish fare.Whether you’re looking to share a pint with friends, taking the family out to dinner or wanting to hear some live, local music, The Wild Rover welcomes you to come get your Irish on!
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped in here looking for dinner on a bitterly cold, snowy night. I had a salad and my husband had chili. The salad had quinoa and blue cheese (I cannot remember the name) which was a delicious combo. the menu said it had fuji apples but they substituted some sort of canned/stewed apples which were kinda gross. I understand they may not have fresh apples available at 9:00 at night but please just explain instead of substituting. The chili was great and the service was lovely. There were only a couple of regulars in there at the time - just too late I guess. I can't wait to go back next time we are in Marquette- definitely!

There are newer reviews for The Wild Rover

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a cheerful, warm friendly place to have lunch on a cold , dreary day. stopping in for a late lunch, the place was not crowded but the service was terribly slow. Wanting hot soup, i ordered the potato leek, which was lukewarm and bland, should have ordered the tomato basil, which was fantastic. the grilled romaine salad should have stayed on the grill longer, it lacked that wonderful char and smoky taste that grilled lettuces should have.
overall, the place has great atmosphere, it's friendly, cheerful and probably a great place for nightlife fun, the food could use a little more work though.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

One year ago, I really enjoyed my visit here. The food was good, the celtic music pleasant, the restaurant populated and lively. This time, all three of those factors was lacking. No music, no other customers, and the nachos I had for lunch was terrible. I have never experienced the liquid cheese spread used before on nachos, and hope I never do so again. Just terrible. And to add insult, I was looking forward to treating myself to an expensive irish whiskey that was on the menu last year. This year, it is no longer offered. Certainly not point in which to penalized The Wild Rover for. A very, very disappointing experience in light of the wonderful experience last year.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

french fries (chips) were wonderful - not your run of the mill fryFish was delicate and done to perfection. Love the selection of beer. the feel is authentic Irish.....just LOVE this place - always try and come here when I go to Marquette. never been disappointed.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice Irish pub style restaurant with traditional dishes. Good corned beef and cabbage. Price was a little high and selection was small. Good place to have a pint and a bite to eat.