“Absolutely perfect!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited the chophouse for lunch. We were very impressed! The service was great! Our waiter was very knowledgeable. He informed us that they use as much locally as possible. It shows in the flavor! They serve Starbucks coffee which is ok but I was hoping for local but the cream is aaaaaaamazing! The best I've ever had! We ordered a french dip & the fish lunch special. The french dip was delish! The fish was pretty good too, served with the tastiest spinach. It also comes with some sort of slaw which was ok nothing great but overall I can't wait to go back!
P.s. if the deck is open sit there. The view is great!

Glenview, Illinois
“Late should still be good!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We walked in to Elizabeth's Chop house 15 min before closing. (We didn't realize they closed at 10pm). There was a table of 8 that was ordering and there were two tables on the patio that were receiving their deserts as we were seated. It was a Friday night (8/23) and would have expected them to be busier with parents & students who were moving back to school in Marquette. They sat us in the back of the restaurant where there were only two tables. It was a nice spot except, the other table was un-cleaned from the last party. It sat dirty the entire time we were there. It was unpleasant to sit there with a dirty table next to us. We both ordered the lobster bisque. We both found it to be overly salty. My wife ordered the Blackened salmon special. She liked it a lot. Her meal was good. I ordered the 10oz NY Strip, sauteed mushrooms and a baked potato. The NY Strip was cooked properly but it was un-seasoned and bland and it was cold as if it sat on the line too long. The potato was also so cold that the butter would not melt. The plate was warmer than the NY Strip and potato. The sauteed mushrooms were too salty as well. The waiter was attentive and did offer to re-do the NY Strip & Potato but i refuse because it was getting late at this point and it looked as if the employees wanted to go home. He did end up taking my meal off the bill. Based on the prices of their dishes, I would have expected better. Oh and by the way, they noticed the dirty table next to us when they handed us our check. I am in Marquette Michigan often and do not see myself returning to Elizabeth's Chop House.

1 Thank psfwho
“Not worth it”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved the ambience, service was very good, when we saw our waiter. My husbands steak was fabulous, my daughters on the other hand was tasteless with a strange texture. The shrimp were rubbery. Way over priced too, $56. My pasta had good flavor, but it was obvious that it had been sitting under a light for too long. The bread, salad and dessert were very good. Will I go back? Maybe, but not any time soon. Capers at the Landmark is better.

Chicago, Illinois
“Had higher expectations...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Location is right in the middle of town - great balcony enclosed seating area, although the flies were a nuisance. Seared tuna appetizer was tough and fatty/stringy. Cheese platter was interesting, but waitress couldn't tell us names of cheeses ("the white one is really good"). My whitefish ala Elizabeth was ok - bit dry and too much seasoning. The chicken pasta was again marginal - not enough flavor. Steak sandwhich sliders were good - very tender. Pretty good wine list. Service was not good. Had to keep asking for bread (one roll per person) and asking for wine to be poured. Don't mind the price if you get food / service commensurate with it. But this was expensive for what you get. Attempting to be an exclusive restaurant but falling short...considerably. Wouldn't go back.

1 Thank Cohibaba
“To expensive”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There are better places to eat in Marquette that are not as expensive. Very expensive place to eat and the service is ok.

Visited August 2012