“You go here for the view”

Riviera Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Marine City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“You go here for the view”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The name says it all, it is a family restaurant with decent service, average quality on food, and reasonable prices. The view is excellent, especially in the summer, your located on the river and you get plenty of river traffic.

My wife had a salad and she was extremely happy with it. I had the fish and chips, it was average. The beer was exceptionally cold and the other couple seemed to be enjoying their cocktails.

The atmosphere is definitly not suited for a romatic evening, but if you want to meet with friends, laugh and joke, this restaurant may suit your needs.

• Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Delicious Perch, Ferry View”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at the Riviera for a late lunch. I ordered the Perch Sandwich. I was afraid there would not be enough perch, but I wasn't hungry enough for the full dinner. The sandwich came with three nice sized lightly fried pieces. Delicious! My daughter agreed! Others ordered pizza, and a good sized Greek Salad. We were all very satisfied. Service was quick and efficient.
Draft beer was fresh and cold. We've stopped at many restaurants along The St. Clair corridor and this one was very satisfying. Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Virginia G
Marine City, Michigan
“We like it for breakfast.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Riviera is an older restaurant right on the St Clair River at the ferry dock. The view is great. You can watch the ferry, fishing boats and ships over a meal. We have been to the Riviera many times, but always for breakfast. It's just a great way to start the day. Although the pies in the dessert display look phenomenal. I can only fairly review breakfast though, but it's very good. I did stop in for a quick lunch one day and the perch sandwich was really good.

Service is friendly and efficient. Coffee is quick with frequent refills. I have never seen a lapse in the solid service here. The menu choices include just about anything you would want for breakfast. The omelets are done nicely as are all the breakfast items, which are also reasonably priced. All in all a great place to go for a breakfast with a view.

The Riviera has been around forever and you will not be disappointed. It's a good solid, locally owned, restaurant. I never hesitate to stop in when it fits into my day.

• Visited September 2013
MI
“Used to be our favorite”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have visited twice in the last 2 weeks. The first time we both had Italian; the Gnocci (a house specialty) which was awful (doughy, sauce was yucky) and the Eggplant parmesan (a daily special), not much better. Lots of food, no flavor. The waiter was extremely attentive and we appreciated that.

The 2nd time, there was 4 of us. The waitress was really busy (the restaurant was not) and she took our drink order, then after serving it, hustled away to take another tables order for drinks and lunch before returning to us.

The Fried Chicken salad was flavorless. The Clam strips were good. The coleslaw was very good. The fish sandwich was just ok but if you request it broiled (it comes deep fried), it costs a buck more (which the waitress was super quick to point out). She did not come back so we had to flag down another waiter for more drinks. He was our waiter from the time before and was more attentive to our table than our own server (I wanted to give him the tip).

I am sure we will be back to visit, but if it goes the same way, we will stop going to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
East China
“Good food - Great view”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Perch sandwich is outstanding and the cole slaw is really tasty. Have eaten here several times and the service is always good. Also have a very good and fresh tasting breakfast. A great place to enjoy the St. Clair River and see the freighters pass by. A wonderful place to take the family and friends for a good meal at a good price.

• Visited August 2013