“Out of the way, but worth it”

La Becasse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Becasse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Maple City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: CR 616 and CR 675
Chicago, Illinois
“Out of the way, but worth it”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a quaint little restaurant in the middle of nowhere, but well worth the trip. This was our second trip to La Becasse. On this visit we had the pate and cheese plate for appetizers, which were excellent and very fresh. I had the duck two way (breast and leg) and it was probably one of the best duck plates I have ever had. A true gem, with sophisticated plates in anarea where you would least expect it. Well worth the trip!

• Visited August 2014

Evanston, Illinois
“La Becasse dining”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a delicious dinner. I had the duck duo which was world class. My wife had the whitefish and my son the lamb chops which were both excellent. Great French wine list. Great Up North vibe.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Richard O
Bradenton, Florida
“A true gem”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Don't be thrown by the Maple City address or directions from an online site that might seem complicated. The location is really just a short distance from Glen Arbor on the east side of Glen Lake. The food is wonderful-I had duck and my wife had veal. The wine list is extensive and excellent.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jack M
Danville, Illinois
“Great food and wine list”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent and several great wines on their list. Tight quarters, but then so were most of restaurants in this area. Service was prompt and knowledgable. Inside and outside dining available.

1 Thank Tom C
Chicago, IL
“Great food, drab decor”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Came here with a friend for dinner because we were both curious about it. Great wine list and interesting menu. Loved our waiter.

The meal started off with amuse-bouche. Don't know exactly how to describe it, but I really liked the spread that came on top. Then, we had a cheese plate, also very good.
My favorite part of the meal might have been the house salad that came with the entree. The dressing was delicious and I loved how simple it was.

I had the whitefish, which was cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of lemon. My only complaint was that the rice was rather bland and could have used an extra something. My friend had the eggplant. She wasn't too crazy about it but I sampled it and thought it was delicious.
For dessert, we split a raspberry dacquoise. While the dessert was tasty, I found the texture to be kind of weird.

My only major complaint about La Becasse is that the restaurant itself is rather underwhelming. We sat by a window, the dead flies on the windowsills were gross and there was a definite lack of decor. Restaurant is so small that you can't help but hear every conversation (made worse by particularly loud person sitting by us). I would have given this place a five star rating had it not been for the dining environment.

• Visited July 2014