“Nostalgic experience as good as I remembered”
Review of Big Boy

Big Boy
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Manistique
Cuisines: American
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nostalgic experience as good as I remembered”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I went to Big Boy with my mom as a child but they no longer have them in my area. I was excited to have a chance to eat at one again. The shakes are still awesome - you get the tin with the rest of your shake standing by for a refill. I had fish fry and it was good. Our waitress was nice, and we heard her deal very kindly and patiently with a somewhat difficult and picky customer next to us.

• Visited August 2013

Dallas, Texas
1,726 restaurant reviews
“Good Big Boy”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

You won't find a lot of restaurant alone the road to Green Bay so we stopped at this location since there were several cars in the parking lot. The inside of the restaurant is uniquely decorated with large brad strawberries hanging from the ceiling. Reminded me of a large over decorated country restaurant. After looking at the menu we opted for the breakfast bar which included a good variety of fruits, eggs, bacon and several kinds of soup. The food was good and since we served our selves there really was not need for a waitress other than getting our drinks. Once again the interior was quite unique. Person doing the decorating must be into scrap-booking.Buffet was under $9

• Visited July 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Big on Boy...Small on Service”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a salad bar...how hard can that be?
We ordered the soup and salad bar for lunch. The actual food wasn't bad...The service was deplorable. The waitress was clumsy and let's face it...all she HAD to do was keep our water topped off, which apparently was too difficult. There was plenty of staff on so it wasn't that she was over burdened, just seemed like she wasn't motivated. Maybe the 75cent tip was a hint to do better.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank James B
Hong Kong, China
“Great service, good food, wi-fi & laptops available”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Big Boy is really not my choice of places but this place did have free wi-fi, homey feel and gave us a to go coffee with our coffee order. I was able to find menu food, a hardy soup as a vegan without an eyeball roll. All employees were very nice and it was like stepping back in time since I hadn't been to one since a kid. It was one of the only places open at 5:15pm on a Saturday, sleepy town for sure :)

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SubicChick
Missouri
“Good food. Ok price...”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The waitress did not come by very often however,the food tasted good. I loved the nostalgic feel inside the building.

• Visited June 2013