“What a nice place and GREAT OWNERS”
Review of Northshore Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistique
Northshore Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Manistique
Reviewed August 18, 2012

They are ANGELS and saved us from a very bad expereince at another establishment! This place is clean, they are remodeling and everything is fresh and wonderful -The owners are so porfessional and nice- anything we needed they happily accomodated (my need for lots of towels!) The beach across the road is nice and the trail is beautiful to walk- We will stop and stay again

Room Tip: Be advised as with all small establishments, this is situated on a busier road, so it will be a bit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank historiangirl
There are newer reviews for Northshore Motel

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and nicely decorated for an older property...well worth the price. We stayed two nights and were pleased with our choice. The lake front trail is just across the street. It's a great way to walk off all that great Y.P. food!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Dancisak
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a minor issue with the vertical blinds in our room and the owner came immediately to fix them. I love these little motels because they try harder. They are the owners and they care about how clean the rooms are and if the guest is happy. We found the owners to be very attentive. The king room was spacious and had a table by the window to look across to the water. The price is right and it's worth the stop. We slept with AC and the window open...what a pleasure!

Room Tip: The owners are replacing the vertical blinds with drapes so ask for a room with the drapes because t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandy0106
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in housekeeping at a prestigious college prep secondary school in St. Louis. I know clean. This place is the cleanest we have ever stayed at! My husband worked for the 2010 census and stayed at the gov's expense, in expensive 'suites' at very nice chain hotels. Nothing as clean as this place! Decor is very nice and homey, not cheap or discount stuff. Appreciate the A.C. I could walk on the carpet after a shower and my feet didn't turn black. Owners obviously care about their investment. Good price during height of summer vacationers. Forget the others; you need to stay here.

Room Tip: Smaller motel so reservations are a good idea. All rooms face Lake Michigan. Just like the ocean w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David and Chris P
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This owner operated motel is clean, quiet and well-managed. It is located on a strip that includes a number of other properties, some that look almost identical to the Northshore. Why choose this one?

First, the owners are on premises and paying attention. It makes for an overall better experience.

Second, what I especially enjoyed is the hotel is directly across the road from the lake. There is a paved bike/walk trail that you can easily access for an after dinner stroll or a serious pedal. I elected to bushwack through the prairie directly to the lakefront shore where I had a nice stroll on the flat rock (granite?) beach. Be wary of doing this. For my effort I was rewarded with one tick that I quickly identified and removed.

The motel room for this solo traveler was small but adequate. Open window and lake breeze made the air conditioning unnecessary. But there is no cross ventilation. Just an open window that has to be covered if you want privacy. Wifi worked well.

Just up the road (east) is the Three Season's Cafe for a great breakfast or lunch (and dinner). The Northshore will give you a coupon for 10% off your meal. For dinner, I went into town about 2 miles away to Marley's pub.

I was both pleased and surprised at the rate at the Northshore. I would strongly recommend it as a good value and a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Flatlanders
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

very clean, people nice, helpful, and accomodated my 11am checkout instead of the std 9:30am 50 bux good value, good restaurants in area

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank zombytraveler
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Very comfortable, clean, quiet roomy, and the owner was extremely nice!

Room Tip: Ask for room #7 if you are a family. It has 2 queens and a twin.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family