“Bad Customer Service”
Review of Gray Wolf Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manistique
Gray Wolf Lodge
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

They had horrible customer service as soon as we walked in the lobby door. They do have a private beach that's full of zebra mussels and shells! You couldn't even walk on it without shoes! The water was also black! Also they have a great pool, NOT! The pool was horrible and it turned my sisters hair green! They don't use cloriene they use a very bad other chemical but they said it is cheaper! Never staying there again!

Stayed: August 2014
10  Thank Charlie W

Reviewed June 30, 2014

There are no fancy soaps, and nifty bells and whistles here, but the view from our room was amazing, and it was clean and comfortable. The pool area was also very clean, and quiet and enjoyable. The location is decent and across the street there is private Lake Michigan access. There is a restaurant next door that you can walk to, and a gas station two doors down.

Room Tip: Second floor is pet-free and has better views in the middle of the corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JenniferLynn920
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have never been to this area and travel for a living. Called the hotel and Dennis the mgr held a room for my arrival. Upon arrival I noticed that it was a Motel type hotel which I don't particularly care for but decided to check it out anyways.
Dennis was about to check me in when I requested to see a room, unimpressed by my request he showed me a room. The room was VERY small and smelled of a older hotel. As we arrived back to the front desk I mentioned that I may want to check out other places in town first but may be back. He then ripped up my registration card in front of me with the words "whatever"!
Even if the other hotels in town were 3 times the price I would have paid it because I would NEVER EVER stay at this hotel or will I recommend it to anyone! Not with a staff attitude like that!
Needless to say I stayed right down the road and for $4 more I got a 2 room suite with a Jacuzzi!
I'm sure the other hotels in town appreciate you sending "your" business there way!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
16  Thank Brent S
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I travel all over the US and I have to say that this was a nice, clean room, reasonably priced and on the top of the list of those that I have stayed in. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. Gray Wolf also has a pool. Dennis, the owner, was very pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the Gray Wolf Lodge. Of note is that The Three Seasons Restaurant is next door and has excellent food. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I did not use the room service, tried to remove my choice, but it did not allow me to do that. The s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tricialand
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a very clean, spacious facility, and am glad we decided to stay here. We ate supper and breakfast at the 3 seasons cafe, and the food was excellent, and if you walked away hungry, I would be very amazed, because we were stuffed. We really enjoyed the view from the beach across the road from the gray wolf, and also got some spectacular pictures from walking the boardwalk. I would highly recomend the resteraunt and the motel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were looking for a hotel with a restaurant nearby, which didn't give us many choices in the area. The rooms were dated, but this is pretty typical of hotels in the area, so we knew what to expect when we arrived. The beach is nothing too pretty with a lot of algae and other debris in the water, but it was a decent overlook and nice to have access to the water. The beds were soft and the rooms were a dusty, but overall it was okay. The price was right, especially for mid summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ladytrvlr55
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I'll start with saying our room was super clean and a good value. Grounds are nice,, beach is across the hwy. It is not a swimming beach, but okay for letting our dog run. We had a view of the lake, but I doubt it all the lower level rooms have the same. Rooms are not sound proof, and the quest above us proved it. Check in was not friendly, a pleasant greeting would have been nice. Jacuzzi tub was akward to get out of. Microwave and refri were good for fixing meals. We did not use the pool or spa.

Room Tip: rooms near office have the lake view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family