“No worries, great place”

Budget Host Inn Manistique
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Manistique
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wonderful woman opened the door to us at 1:00 a.m. and gave us a Full/Queen bed for $65 plus tax, then had coffee and pastries out the next morning. What more could you ask for just passing through town and needing a place to sleep for the night? The motel room could have been aired out, it smelled a bit stale, but the place was very clean, the bathroom was tiled, the tub immaculate, no complaints here! Motel is right on Highway 2, east of Manistique near the casino.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie E

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay here was only for one night. It was pleasant. The hotel manager was very nice and offered us suggestions on where to eat and I wanted to take pictures so she gave us suggestions for that. Not sure I would stay there again. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in that didn't have shampoo in the shower. There were bars of soap,but no shampoo. Also, there wasn't a hair dryer. Maybe these things were available from the front desk. For a one night stay it was okay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very, very nice people operating this Motel. CLEAN, WARM and a great price. $50.00 for our winter rate as opposed to $130.00 in the larger cities. Everything was JUST RIGHT. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gibbs1941
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice clean motel with fair prices, about $70 per night, tax included . Inn is run by an older couple who work very hard to keep patrons happy. Close to Manistique. Owner gave me a fine recommendation for the 3 Seasons Restaurant, about 1-2 miles west of the motel. Excellent food. The owner also kept a travel bag that I left behind. He had it ready to go when I returned several days later

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Michael S
Reviewed August 25, 2012

It's hard to believe the negative reviews for the Budget Host Inn. Very clean and cozy hotel. The rooms were very cozy and VERY clean. The beds are very comfortable and I personally had a wonderful nights sleep. I found everything including the bathroom spotless. I really enjoy the fact that I could drive up to the door to my room. I like hotels that are that way. The hotel and the grounds were very well kept up. Yes, the pool doesn't have water. But maybe it never got used enough so that could be why. No biggie. I thought upon entering the lobby that I really felt at home. And the lady at the desk was very very lovely and really nice. I appreciated the coffee in the lobby and the danishes she had there in the morning were wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say about this place and I would absolutely stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MISfan
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We found this hotel to be SO clean. After reading some of the other negative reviews about the picky owner, I made my decision to stay here. It showed me that she cares about her property. The rooms are spotless, the carpeting is clean. As well as the bathroom. I was very surprised to see that the bedding looked new. The linens on the bed were nice, crisp and bright white, not thread-bare like some places. We would stay here again for sure. We did not stay for the continental breakfast, so I don't know how that was.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had the worst nights sleep ever at this hotel! I am pretty sure the beds are as old as the hotel itself! The pool on the website has no water in it! When we decided to leave and not stay for the rest of our nights in Manistique she threatened us that we better not be staying at another hotel in town! The rooms smelled like mold and mothballs! She obviously reads these reviews because i see she responds to the negative ones so why doesn't she fix any of the problems especially the old and stained rock hard beds!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple