$129
$180
$150
EconoLodge
$190
Alger Falls Motel(Munising)(Great Value!)
$128
$199
$189
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake michiganthe ownerrooms are spaciousgreat valuefree wifigreat location rightnothing fancyrecommend it to anyoneair conditioningmackinac islandnice ownerswould stay here againice machineseasons restaurantgreat place to stayflat screen tvmotel
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I Always come to stay here when I visit family..the owners are the nicest people you can meet.Friendly atmosphere ,Clean,Very relaxing place to stay.Mother and Son own this and I look forward to coming very soon .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MMarcelino
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We loved the Star Motel, with it's mint-green retro bathrooms, free wi-fi, and no nonsense proprietor. The motel was booked almost to capacity when we stayed, and the majority of couples were senior citizens, which made for a very quiet, child-free night compared to some of the larger chain hotels - just what we were looking for. It was so incredibly clean that I couldn't believe it - at one point I hauled a the desk chair over and stood on it to examine the top of the ceiling fan, that's how floored I was with the cleanliness. The shower tile looked like it had been grouted yesterday and never used. The mini-fridge was a plus for us. The two sets of windows - one facing the water and one facing the high-way - was ideal for us to let the breeze blow through instead of turning on the air conditioner. During the day we were concerned the highway noise might bother us with the windows open, but it dies down considerably at night. Extremely affordable - loved it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LilyBethTempest
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night with our two year old daughter. This is a basic, no frills motel - however it's very clean, and it had pretty comfortable beds. The rooms were big (we had room #21) and quiet, despite being on a main road. Rooms were decorated from decades ago - lime green bathroom, bath window curtain made out of a towel, chairs from the 50's-60's, small tube TV. But very clean! Staff was friendly. We couldn't get the WIFI to work for us, but we were only there one night so it didn't hinder us too much. No breakfast or pool, but again, no frills. The room did have a fridge, which was really nice. There is very little in this area, so if passing through and need a place to stay, I would recommend the Star Motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I was on a cycletour trip across the UP, splitting the nights between state forest campgrounds and motels.. I stayed at the Star motel after about a 60 mile loaded bike ride, and I probably stank quite a bit when I walked into the office/lobby for check in. I was greeted by a pleasant teenage girl who seemed a little bit flustered possibly by my helmet hair.. but graciously did her duty and even tossed two room keys my way.

I had room 4 if I'm correct and rolled the touring bike inside for safe keeping.

There's nothing special about this mom and pop...motel , it's located on the east side of Manistique within walking distance of Jack's and Pamida save one thing....The room is pretty big for a mom and pop and the lakeshore trail's nearby too.

So would I stay here again if I were traveling through probably although Indian Lake state park campground about 8 miles nw is about 1/2 the price and still has flush terlits and showers....but it's very far from a beer. The star motel is pretty close to a beer and there's whitefish and walleye to be had at Teddy's pub too (west side of manistique near the choo choo tracks).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank willdriveforfood
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have stayed here twice this summer, and both times the rooms were exceptional clean and neat. Great price for the 2 of us, our rooms had refrigerators, A/C, TV Nothing fancy just an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple