“Nice place”

Cedar Street Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Manistique
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Quaint venue in a completely renovated building serving delicious home made breakfast and lunch dishes. Also serving gourmet coffee drinks and desserts. Our specialties are our carmel and vanilla bean sauces, homemade soups, jams and dressings!
Key West
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went to the Cedar St. Café on a cold February morning. I had heard good things about it so I was expecting a good breakfast. I was surprised that there were so few people there, but it was midweek. The place is very attractive and the workers pleasant enough I ordered a simple breakfast without really examining the menu. Most places offer a menu item with 2 eggs, potatoes, toast and meat so I just ordered what I wanted. I was surprised to see on my bill that each item was priced individually which made the breakfast quite pricey.
It was a good breakfast and I learned a lesson - read the menu.

• Visited February 2013

San Francisco, California
“Espresso and more”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Manistique is a fairly small town and apparently Cedar Street Cafe may be the only restaurant with an espresso machine. In dire need of real coffee I decided to check it out and am very happy that I did. They have a simple breakfast and lunch menu, but very hearty. I can never pass up an opportunity for biscuits and gravy and ordered the Piggyback Benedict which are eggs and sausage served Benedict style on buttermilk biscuits and topped with real homemade gravy. The food tasted homemade and they were very generous with the portion. I was told that the cook makes everything herself from the bread down to the jams and jellies. The staff are very friendly and took the time to chat with me and ask about my trip. I enjoyed everything so much that I went back for lunch this afternoon. If I'm ever in the area I will definitely eat here again.

1 Thank Robert C
Ashburn, Virginia
“Wonderful lunch spot”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were driving from Munising down to Green Bay and were not familiar with the area at all. We needed lunch so we drove along the main street and by chance stopped at this restaurant. We expected a dive/diner sort of place and couldn't believe the lovely decor and interesting menu. I couldn't decide what to get, there were so many yummy looking things on the menu. I ended up trying the tortilla soup and a Greek salad, both delicious. My son had a quesadilla which was the best he'd ever had. My other son had a beef sandwich covered with gravy, yummy but so huge he couldn't finish it. I'm so glad we found this spot and would definitely return if we're in the area.

• Visited July 2012
Manistique, Michigan
“Neat little cafe”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Located downtown, with parking right in front, the interior is neatly decorated with brick walls and painted mural. Breakfast here is my favorite time to eat with the croissant egg bacon being my usual food. Lunch is busier and the sandwiches offering are unique and tasty. Have eaten on Wednesday at the Mexican night and the place is full. Food is good and very ample servings. They are only open until 3 PM except Wednesday evenings.

Visited August 2012
Manistique
“Food is delicious!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've been here several times- for breakfast and lunch but tonight went for dinner for the first time. It was Mexican night. Mexican food is not my favorite but I had a taco salad that was about as perfect as can be- lots of meat and the shell was exactly the way I like them- not too greasy and not burnt. The lunches are great, too- homemade fries!!! And the breakfasts- yum!!! They have a vanilla bean sauce for the French toast that is absolutely delicious. The wait staff is always friendly and attentive. The restaurant is decorated nicely and you can eat outdoors in nice weather. Definitely one of the two favorite places to eat in Manistique.

• Visited September 2012