“Nice place overlooking Lake Michigan”
Review of The Upper Crust

The Upper Crust
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Manistique
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Beautiful waterfront cafe with super fresh sandwiches, hearty soups & homemade desserts! Brunch menu served daily until 11am! Catering for all occasions! Call ahead for current hours of operation.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very good soup and sandwiches. Very friendly staff and good service. Never had a bad meal here. Nice atmosphere!

2  Thank upgrammy

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Helps while away winter with Great Lake Michigan frozen over near adjacent harbor. More room, more kudos for great food (see previous review). I don' t eat outdoors at 10 F, but will when we thaw!

1  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I Live in Manistique, when not working, and the wife and I visit this place a lot with our other family members, its a great little soup and sandwich shoppe, has indoor and outdoor seating, right on the river front, and offers a evening meal menu for a time during summer. never had, a bad menu item here, the food is great owners are very open and friendly

1  Thank jthayer219
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Popular business lunch, after- church, ladies who lunch, couple destination for me. Fabulous sandwiches, great salads, desserts from smile sugar cookies to tortes tempt me each time. I once found myself there three days in a row. Usually packed, but excellent service moves folks along without feeling rushed. Everyone from harbor workers to execs to post-yoga to dress-up femmes rb shoulders...everybody knows yor face, if not your name. Outdoor tables pleasant, books and good toys sold indoors in case your lunch "dat" makes you wait: the staff never do! Saw a summer bird twice while I lunched: first at a b'day lunch, later brought in grandkids for lunch.

1  Thank Vicki H
lindasmith1973, Owner at The Upper Crust, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you so much for a nice review! We appreciate it very much & hope you'll keep coming back for more! Have a great week!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Manistique was a stop on our Lake Michigan Circle Tour vacation - Day #7, to be exact. We arrived about lunch time. Our Internet research recommendations included “The Upper Crust” café and deli which is located on the water’s edge.

Due to the in-coming fog, wind and decreasing temperature, we chose to eat inside instead of on the deck. Joan had their soup and half-sandwich special. They have 35 sandwiches on the menu. Joan’s was called “Bull of the Woods” which included roast beef.

I chose their “Philly Cheese Steak” sandwich, which resembled only slightly the real thing (which can be had only in Philly, or a few other east coast places). However, it was an excellent sandwich. I’d order it again - I would suggest to the folks that they call it something else but they probably didn’t want some smart alec from Illinois trying to tell them how to run their business. And from what we could tell, they do quite well without my advice.

And, oh yes, we shared a piece of minty ice cream pie - yum. $24.50, including tax & gratuity.

1  Thank joan&mike