“Hoped for better”
Review of The Ramsdell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manistee
The Ramsdell Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Manistee
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel is over priced for it's location. Manistee is so small that a cab ride to a less costly hotel is far more sensible. I love Manistee, but was disappointed by this unique hotel. Just my two cents, clearly in contrast to many.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank FrancisFord
There are newer reviews for The Ramsdell Inn

Reviewed September 7, 2011

My wife and I and our friend from Austin, Texas spent a night at The Ramsdell Inn August 2011. We had the T.J. Ramsdell suite on the fourth floor and Kevin had The Jefferson room down the hall. Beautiful 130ish year old building, tastefully renovated, still retains its historic charm. There are only ten rooms, all different and unique. The lobby is as it was in the 1880s? when it was the bank. Cool place, very romantic. We enjoyed very much. Manistee in the summer is great for walking, recreating. Beautiful, Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kmjohn
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed in the Ramsdell Suite located on the top most 4th floor of the hotel. Luxurious furnishings, cozy, comfortable. Room includes DVD & CD player, large TV, fireplace, fridge. This was our 2nd visit in less than 4 months. The ambiance is fantastic for a romantic getaway. The staff are exceptionally helpful and courteous. Includes a very nice continental breakfast, casino shuttle, attached bistro type restaurant located on bottom floor. The hotel was renovated to the exact specifications of the original 1891. Subsequently, there are not any elevators. Sedate and quiet. A gem!!

Room Tip: Call a few months in advance of stay.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rychrlim
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My boyfriend surprised me with a stay at the Ramsdell for the weekend of Valentine's Day. It was a beautiful historic inn. The staff was helpful and very attentive. I would definitely recommend this to other travelers. Great deals in the off season (1/2 price!) but probably worth the money for the downtown location in the Summer.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Husband surprised me w/a birthday getaway. We stayed in the Harbor Suite on the 3rd floor. Gorgeous room, exceptionally clean, comfy, and cozy. Cutest cushioned nook for dining & drinking champagn. Includes fireplace, robes, & huge king sized bed. We'd love to live there! We didn't use them, but includes DVD & CD player, plus fridge. Exceptional continental breakfast includes yogurt, fruit, juice, muffins, several types of tea, coffee, newspaper. TJ's Pub located in the hotel serves excellent food w/wide variety of drinks. All staff friendly & helpful. Julie is a wonderful hostess! I've exhausted superlatives about the inn and our stay. Can't say enough good things about the inn. We WILL return!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rychrlim
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed at the Ramsdell in the Morton room right after the rates dropped so we got the room for 99.00. WiFi with my Windows 7 laptop worked perfectly on the 3rd floor. Beautiful staircases and very unique lobby. This used to be a bank. The lobby closes early so you have to use a side door to enter and exit off the street. It is about 6 or 7 steps up to the lobby, and then two flights of stairs to the third floor and another set of stairs to the fourth floor. No elevator. No designated parking for the hotel so you have to park on the street whereever you can find a spot. This was no problem in October but might be harder during the peak season.

Room was very clean and bathroom was modern and comfortable. And if you are looking for a place to eat, got to the Bungalow Inn. Very popular spot for the locals and my wife and I enjoyed this place very much. Burgers for 7 bucks and fish fry for 8 bucks. Can't beat that.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Haleyboy
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I traveled to Manistee with my young adult daughter to canoe a couple of beautiful rivers in the Manistee area. After reading the review on Trip Advisor I booked two rooms at the Ramsdell Inn, the Canfield and the Dunham which as it turned out happened to be adjoining rooms on the fourth (top) floor. The rooms were fantastic ! My daughter had the Canfield and loved it with the gas fireplace. I took the Dunham which is slightly smaller but just as cozy. The front desk service is friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay in Manistee. The only thing I was worried about when I booked was their website does not list high speed internet service as being available but it turns out they have a free high speed wireless internet connection available thoughout the Inn. The Ramsdell is a little more expensive than some of the other motels in the area but I think it is definitely worth it. This is a great place to stay in Manistee for the travelor looking for a boutique hotel experience . I highly recommend it. Note, the Ramsdell has no elevator service so if that is a problem book a room on a lower floor.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank PeteMi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manistee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manistee
#1 of 10 in Manistee
Manistee Inn & Marina
Manistee Inn & Marina
#2 of 11 in Manistee

Been to The Ramsdell Inn? Share your experiences!