Open today: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed July 9, 2018
GoSeeDoPhotos
Howell, Michigan
via mobile

All reviews hard cider tasting room wine tasting gift shop michigan wines porch
Reviewed August 26, 2018

I came to Manistee for a weekend visit with my aunt. It turned out to be a rainy day so we went to Douglas Valley Winery for a Wine and Paint event. The instructor was helpful and knowledgeable. We painted pumpkins on pallet wood, had a glass of wine, meat & cheese trays, and laughs. After the painting we sat on the porch with a glass of hard cider and enjoyed listening to the rain. The winery is small and rustic, but cozy with a friendly staff. It is not fancy like those on Old Mission Peninsula, but made for a nice afternoon & memories for us.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We are in general not huge fans of "Michigan wine" as it is often very sweet. On the last day of our vacation, after seeing the sign for the turn several times, we decided to stop in. The tasting room is a cute old farmhouse and the property is a beautiful old farm. We tasted 6 wines and found several that we enjoyed. We ended up leaving with 3 bottles. One to enjoy outside in the seating area and 2 to take home. They also have snacks for sale and a cute gift shop with items from local artists. We purchased a few gifts too! They have live music on Sunday afternoons. We were wishing we had found it earlier in the week.

1  Thank Dawn E
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I have recently visited some not so good wineries so I went into Douglas Valley with low expectations. Everything I tried was very good. I ended up taking home a bottle of the Cherry Apple Cider. My only complaint is that $6 for 6 tastings + extra for a glass is a little pricey. The staff was very friendly and I look forward to returning the next time I’m in the area.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Felt like we caught the lady behind the counter having a bad day. This was a bit out of they way for us but wanted to try it out.

Very impressed with a few of their wines and especially the cider.

The gift shop was interesting but it turned my wife and I sour was how we both felt we were a bother for showing up.

This looks to be a cool location with apple picking, the buildings, pumpkin picking and more but we could not wait to get on with our day as we were left thinking we were a bother.

1  Thank Daryl H
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We were headed for this winery for some wine tasting. When we got there we discovered that they had a live band playing on their porch that was excellent. I tasted some wine and bought several bottles and then we listened to the group until they finished.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

Good wine, nice tasteing. Nice rehab of the old train depo. Downtown location should offer the same as the original location.

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We are glad that we stopped to try the Douglas Valley wines. We had heard that Michigan wines were sweet, but that did not stop us from enjoying all of the vintages during our visit. We walked away with a case of our favorites for home!

Reviewed February 14, 2017

This rustic winery is a charmer. Close to Manistee and Onekama. Wines and ciders. They also have group art and music occcasionally.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

Very friendly, music on Sundays and events throughout the season. Open year round. The hard ciders on tap, 2 I believe, changes regularly. They have some very interesting flavor combinations.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

We chose the $5.00 for 6 samples. Smallest sample portions than any other wine sampling we have experienced. Not only were the wines not suitable to the taste of myself and my husband's, we both felt that the whole experience was BORING. The young man serving was nice but there was no excitement or enthusiasm in his presentation or serving.

Douglas V, Owner at Douglas Valley Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We strive to create a memorable experience for all of our customers and I am sorry to hear we did not achieve that during your visit. We will definitely be using this as a learning experience and I truly hope you will give a second chance when you are in the area again!