“Delicious, Consistent”

Chow's Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 45 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is our "Go To" for take out and for sit down when we are hungry and just was a good dinner. Not a cute place by any means. Not fancy. But if you are looking for good food, and generous portions, and friendly...this is the place.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This restaurant is one of my favorites! The food is delicious and authentic (especially the garlic chicken), and the servers are friendly and hospitable. I would definitely recommend Chow's!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've just visited Chow's for the first time. It won't be the last.

Chow's has a Chinese/Thai menu, and our meals reflected both. We all began with soup (won ton or egg drop) and those little crunchy things they put in a bowl in the center of the table in some Chinese restaurants. The won tons in the soup had no filling, which was a bit strange, but it was good anyway. We also split an order of crab rangoons, which they called crab cheese, served very hot with a side of a sweet red sauce I'd not seen before; very good. They also had fortune cookies to close the meal.

It was the Thai entrees that we call chose that made this a great place. When we began eating, there was a chorus of "ooh, that's good!" around the table. I had Thai Tofu Vegetable, which was served in a creamy curry sauce. I asked for mild, having recently had a VERY hot "medium" at another restaurant, and it was still nice and spicy. I didn't taste what the others had, having concentrated on polishing off every last bite of mine; however, the consensus among those who tasted a number of dishes was that the best was the Pad Kra Prow with chicken.

Other details:
very cheerful staff
clean bathroom with extra paper in case of need
availability of lunch-sized meals in the evening, too
located just north of the huge ferry (now a museum) in the harbor

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family ordered 6 different dishes, 3 of them were sent back. The sizzling rice soup was the worst-- it tasted like rancid, burnt oil. I have never tasted anything so bad in my entire life. One bite made me want to vomit and im truly not exaggerating. The waitress laughed as she took the items back, and didn't offer to recook or replace the items. Worse, when the check came the manager insisted we pay for them. We were ok with paying for the 3 dishes that were at least sort of edible. When we insisted on not paying for the rancid dishes that were too disgusting to eat, the manager called the police!!! Don't go there unless you want a disgusting, awful experience at best. The place looks like a ramshackle dirty dump-that should have been our first clue. I am 47 years old and this was literally the worst restaurant food I have ever eaten. I love Chinese and all Asian food, but this was just abominable.

1  Thank Jthomas06061
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food is excellent. We pick up Pad Thai and Curry Vegetables almost once a week for take-out as the restaurant itself is small, a bit crowded and noisy. We wish they would build a deck out back as they have docks and a view of Manistee Lake,