“New Years Weekend ”

Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Manistee
Cuisines: Contemporary
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Love this place!!! Great food! Great atmosphere!!! Great service and servers are always friendly. I will come back everytime I visit.

There are newer reviews for TJ's Pub

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My cousin and I came here for a drink and lunch one afternoon. She had a salad and i had a soup, and we both LOVED it. We had a cider beer each, and discovered our new favorite cider (Fow pear cider-too bad it's not available in any stores)! The atmosphere was really cute, the price is right, and it's right in the heart of the downtown Manistee area. Highly recommended..

Reviewed October 17, 2013

A while back, while passing through, my husband and I had lunch here with another couple and had a pleasant time. Enough so that when we were out on a color tour for my birthday, we made sure to stop in again. We didn't dine, but had some drinks at the bar and had a great time chatting with other random out of towner folks who were also at the bar. When we asked if we could get some chips or something, fully expecting to order and pay for it, the bartender put out a bowl of pretzels for us to share. I have to tell you I don't make a habit of raving about pretzels, but those were honestly the best I've had. Very buttery and nice. Anyway....good time, good service. Will be back again...if only to find out the brand of those pretzels. ;)

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I love this place and we went in for drinks last night. The place was busy which was great to see. The girls were hopping take care of stuff behind the bar and also the tables and at a man behind the bar the entire time making drinks....when he wasnt on his iPad thing. I would just suggest gadgets be left alone especially during busy times and customers waiting for drinks which we did observe. We counted at least 3 times he was on the thing doing something during the less than an hour time we were there. Without good customer service...is hard to survive in Manistee. Other than that glitch...is an awesome place and we love T.J.'s! The atmosphere is small and comfy and just relaxing. Beer is good too!

1  Thank lala1229
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were staying in a downtown hotel so we happy to be able to walk to dinner here.

We had an appetizer of tamales and a small pizza. The tamales were good. The pizza was good but not noteworthy. Well, that’s not entirely true - it was a “make your own” pizza by telling them which ingredients you wanted. You got to choose the type of sauce, kind of cheese and any number of meats and vegetables. When ordering a pizza this way, I almost always get it with sausage, green peppers and onion. Well, it turns out that sausage and green peppers were not an option. Whoever heard of not having sausage as an option on your pizza?! We got pepperoni, red peppers and onion.

I should point out that if you eat here, you should not be in a hurry - at least that was our experience.

Perhaps the overall best part of the experience - the place is located on the lower level of an old, restored (or very well maintained) architecturally interesting building.