“A+++++”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A+++++”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

What a great day. This resort has two courses and I had the pleasure of playing them back to back. Cutters ridge is where I started and it is a dream. Every hole suited my eye, if you play you will know what I'm talking about. Watch your aim points on every tee and you will score, don't and you will re-tee. The course is in fantastic shape. The greens are about as close to tv as you will find on a public course. They also have a very nice driving range and chipping green to warm up, and you should. I should say that I played great on Cutters ridge.
I finished up my first round and went to the pro shop and spoke with the pro about playing the Canthooke course. Super nice guy, he set me right up and off I went. This course is older and appears to be much more open off the tee. Wrong. If you miss the fairway it will cost you. From the tips the par 4's are as tough as you will play. The greens are in great shape just a bit slower than Cutters. I found this one a bit harder because it let your mind wander on the tee.
Make sure you bring your camera as there are some great pic's to take. Enjoy I will try to post some pic's later.

Visited July 2013

West Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Yes”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I wrote an earlier review of the Osprey Grille, which is a part of MNGR. I can't speak to the gold aspect of MNGR, but the Osprey Grille (focused on those who prepare the food) is terrific.

The golfing looks for very much worth the money, if you are a golfer.

Visited June 2013
Stanwood, Michigan
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Beautiful Up North Courses”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We played the Manistee National courses as part of a 2-day golf outing of friends. The first day was spend on Canthooke and everyone like the views and enjoyed the variety of holes. The undulating greens tested our skills but everyone seemed to enjoy these courses - men and women alike. The second day we played Cutter's Ridge. I have never seen a course that gave women such a break when it came to the tee boxes. But, we really needed the preferential treatment as this course seems to be a real test for the average ladies golfer.

Visited June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Vacation”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We bought a golf/hotel package for one night. Except for the fact that the front desk girl could not give directions to the hotel. it was great. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The views were good. Breakfast was minimal but there was hot drinks all night. On the morning of our golf game, it was rainy and cold. We decided we couldn't golf a third day in cold rain so asked for a refund on the golf. The staff was understanding and completely refunded the golf. We would recommend this resort to our friends.

Visited October 2012
Wellston
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful Grounds”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly staff. Nice course. I took two friends from louisana there. Enjoyable day. The grounds were very nice and were able to get in a round of golf very quickly.

Visited September 2012